Trinity Health Food Service Worker I - St. Peter's Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Albany NY - Per Diem in Albany, New York
Food Service Worker I - St. Peter's Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Albany NY - Per Diem
St. Peters Health Partners – is a member of Trinity Health
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Food is the best medicine!
It’s why St. Peters Health Partners foodservice professionals work tirelessly to ensure their facilities craft and deliver the freshest food to serve patients, staff, and visitors.
Our Food Service Workers, under the direction of the Lead Food Service Worker and Food Service Manager, are responsible for:
- Prepare menu items identified on the production sheet, in accordance with forecasted and/or tallied quantities, following MHCI recipes ar all times.
- May prepare salad items, cold food items, desserts for patients and retail.
- Adheres to HACPP guidelines to maintain sanitation and infection control of all food preparation and service.
- Performs a variety of assignments that may include; patient customer service, cafeteria and catering services, patient visitation, tray assembly, distribution and service, general sanitation, cleaning and use of kitchen equipment.
- Performs a variety of cleaning tasks which may include dishwashing, pot washing, general sanitation, cleaning and use of kitchen equipment.
- May assist in the service and storage of food.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal, state, local and department sanitation procedures and maintains a clean sanitary working environment in all areas of the Food and Nutrition Services
- Uses and properly documents cooling charts, vegetable wash of produce and taking temperatures of foods
- Adheres to SPHP's code of conduct.
Our Skilled Lead Food Service Workers’ exhibit:
- Great Customer Service Skills
- Effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families. This includes telephone and electronic communication.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Show courtesy, tact and reasonable speed in the performance of duties
- Professional behavior at all times.
- Six months of food service and customer service experience is required preferred.
- Read, write and speak English at a minimum 6’th grade level. Follow written and verbal instructions and complete high school level computational skills.
Please be aware for the safety and security of our colleagues and patients all new employees are required to undergo and pass all applicable state and federally mandated pre-employment screening requirements including:
- Relevant Background Check/s
- Drug Screen
- PPD / Tuberculosis Test
- Reference Check
**Must be willing to work AM & PM shifts and weekends and holidays.
Job Number: 00137262
Location: Albany, NY
Organization Name: St. Peter's Health Partners
Facility: SPNY - St. Peter's Nursing & Rehab Center
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift