AMRI Program Manager in ALBANY, New York
Title: Program Manager
Job Number: 1004039
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading, overall coordination and scheduling of complex drug development programs involving Engineering, Chemical Development, Analytical Development, GMP Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Sourcing, Supply Chain, and Business Development (BD) departments. Reports on program status, communicates any issues, problems or additional information to clients, global project teams and senior management along with recommendations of solutions. The Program Manager monitors and drives program progress versus timelines, budgets and deliverables.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
• Lead, co-ordinate and drive programs and associated projects internally to ensure that client satisfaction, timelines, and budget are the primary focus (as reflected in KPIs)
• Communicate in a clear and concise manner with clients, fellow project team members, senior management and occasionally with vendors based on pre-defined Communication Plans
• Act as the client advocate on project teams, ensuring that a balanced viewpoint is taken
• Ensure that every project is suitably resourced and project team is clear on overall goals
• Utilize Planisware to create realistic project plans and associated Gantt charts
• Run regularly scheduled internal and client meetings, prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes where appropriate
• Maintain project specific SharePoint sites when applicable
• Monitor project budget throughout the project life cycle and ensure that any over-run is flagged to the relevant internal stakeholders and client in a timely fashion
• Schedule and plan upcoming projects based on individual client needs
• Spend time with on-site visitors and participate in meetings with potential and current clients
• Ensure that out of scope activities or project over-runs, driven by client requests, development challenges or other reasons not ascribable to AMRI, are flagged to the relevant BD Manager in a timely fashion
• Execute timely project close out meetings and capture key learnings in project close out reports
• BS or MS degree in Science or Engineering (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science, etc.) is required; PMP certification and/or MBA a plus
• Prior biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience required (minimum 2 years) and direct experience in a Project or Program Manager (PM) role is preferred
• Windows-based Microsoft Office applications experience (particularly Excel and Project) is required and experience with Planisware is strongly desired
• Ability to understand general business, financial and scientific information pertinent to AMRI’s business
• Excellent written and verbal presentation and communications skills
• Ability to effectively present information to clients, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
• Strong planning skills, ability to influence others beyond one’s span of control, excellent facilitation skills, knowledge of basic financial accounting, goal orientation, comprehensive project planning skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with high quality results
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited current information exists
• Ability to effectively deal with individuals and teams of individuals from all levels of the organization and outside the organization
• Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
- AMRI Jobs