CVS Health Regional Pharmacy Technician in Albany, New York
Selects, picks, packages, and labels medications and ancillary supplies per prescriptions, under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist in accordance with Coram CVS Specialty guidelines and pharmacy laws.
- Exercise proper hands sanitization and hazardous medication handling procedures. Preparation and compounding of sterile products. Maintain the pharmacy clean room suite to USP 797 and USP 800 requirements. Maintaining the cleanroom suite including cleaning the ceilings, walls, equipment and all surfaces with approved disinfectants. Documentation of IV admixture and clean room suite sterility testing.
- Complete appropriate documentation for inventory management and storage, including labels, log sheets, and reports. Accurate counting of drugs utilizing a manual process as well as any automated counting devices. Responsible for preparing and/or restocking the pharmacy preparation rooms with medication and/or supplies as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
- Assist with training for new employees. Responsible for monitoring orientation and annual check lists completion and documentation.
- Completes logs and other documentation required for special handling of orders when applicable. May assist with the completion of the fulfillment process.
- Responsible for managing the workflow, troubleshooting and handling exceptions, replenishment, required cleaning and logging of the automated dispensing equipment.
- Prepare Compounded medications following all safety procedures and guidelines. Keep all compound log books updated. Maintain proper inventory of compound ingredients and supplies, as well as proper amounts of pre-made compounds. Monthly expiration and short dates check of all compounding supplies and medications
Must be willing to travel both in state and out of state.
Must have experience with entering pharmacy orders and compounding medications.
*Technician must be licensed in the state in which you reside. Must be willing to obtain licensing in other states (IE- NY, MA, MD, VA, NJ, CT, or ME)
Minimum of 6 months of internal experience in good standing
Active state Pharmacy Technician license required
Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
National Pharmacy Technician Certification.
- Regular Predicable Attendance
Medical Terminology utilized in a pharmacy
Drug names and pharmacology knowledge
Understanding of Pharmacy law
USP 797 Sterile Compounding Rules/Regulations
USP 800 Hazardous Compounding Rules/Regulations (if applicable)
Demonstrated Verbal and written communication
Basic Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Basic Math Skills
Drug Compounding for all applicable patient therapies
Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Work Independently and within the clinical team to fill and ship accurate and timely orders
Two to three years of IV compounding technician experience
Medical Terminology utilized in a pharmacy
Drug names and basic pharmacology knowledge
Basic understanding of Pharmacy law
- Customer Service and experience in home health and/or the healthcare industry
High school diploma or General Equivalent Development
National Pharmacy Technician Certification
Active State Pharmacy Technician License (if required by state BOP regulations)
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs