GlaxoSmithKline Sales Professional, Pharma - Brooklyn, NY in Albany, New York
Sales Professional, Pharma - Brooklyn, NY
Open date:Jul 13, 2018 1:20 AM
Experience required:2 years
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:This is an entry level sales role. We are looking for someone who is wanting to grow their sales career here at GSK!
Responsibilities and Details:
• Perform all required duties in assigned territory in accordance with the expectations indicated in the GSK Selling Ways, promoting aligned GSK products within the Respiratory selling team.
• Provide Scientific Knowledge, Business Acumen, and Customer Engagement expertise to specialist and primary care customers in support of the GSK Ellipta portfolio.
• Maintain knowledge and data, which are constantly changing, with respect to Respiratory (COPD-Asthma) therapeutic expertise .
• Meet or exceed established expectations for account / call activity and time in territory.
• Proactively decide on activities, educational programs as well as HQ-approved resources needed to effectively pull through the identified sales opportunities with targeted customers and other key stakeholders in territory/accounts.
• Analyze sales information and recommend actions to maximize opportunities aligned to brand strategy.
Create customer value, demand and advocacy for GSK brands.
• Build and maintain relationships with decision makers in account to execute business unit/brand strategy. (i.e., Physicians, nurses, PAs, business/office managers).
• Utilize internal GSK stakeholders/matrix partners to educate customers and build relationships.
• Identify and recommend solutions or refer to matrix partners (as appropriate) for product-related issues that arise in the accounts (e.g. side effect understanding and management, reimbursement issues, distribution issues).
• Successfully Complete all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes.
• Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations
Basic qualifications:• 4-year BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
• Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel. The amount will depend on the specific territory size.
• Valid driver’s license.
• 2 + year of relevant Outside Sales experience.
• Must live in or near geography, no relocation assistance
• Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role
Preferred qualifications:2+ Years Pharmaceutical/Medical sales experience
• Demonstration of high performance for previous 12 months
• Candidates must possess a solid track record of success working in a complex matrix environment to ensure success in interfacing and coordinating with a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills required
• Demonstrated ability to identify unique sales opportunities and have IMPACT on the customer
• Demonstrate the ability to perform tasks beyond designated responsibilities
• Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
• Strong business planning skills and ability to multi-task.
Why GSK?:At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.