University of Buffalo - Campus, Dining Barista Cashier in Amherst, New York
Campus Dining and Shops at the University at Buffalo is now hiring Full-Time Barista Cashiers at its North Campus (Amherst) Locations in Perks and Whispers, who both proudly serve Starbucks! $12.45/hour, benefits included, plus yearly increases based on union contract Must be able to work late night hours
*DESCRIPTION: *Providing quality meals to students, faculty, staff and visitors in a timely manner with an emphasis on customer service. Will handle student meal cards, cash, and credit cards and must follow proper money and merchandising policies and procedures. Will include prep work in multiple areas. Employee will be asked to prep multiple food items, focus on customer service, and work in high volume dining operations.
PRESENT JOB REQUIREMENTS*:*
- Must have prior barista experience, similar to Starbucks
- Minimum one-year verifiable cashier and money handling experience required.
- Previous experience with computer based point of sale cash register system and food preparation experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently in a high-volume
- Professional appearance, demeanor, and hygiene required.
- Must be able to lift 30+ pounds, and be able to sit, stand, walk for 8 hours per day, and bend/reach as the job requires
- Regular attendance and reliable transportation is required. Must attend a food safety class.
PRESENT JOB ASSIGNMENTS (Please note that these assignments are subject to change)*:*
- Accurate cash handling, food preparation, and serving customers in a friendly & courteous manner.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Station set up, breakdown, restocking, and occasionally putting orders away.
- Keep a neat, clean, and sanitized work area.
- Must work consistently and productively during entire shift.
- General cleaning and other food service duties or tasks as requested by management.
- Additional duties as assigned and requested by management
- Consistent schedule
- Advancement opportunities
- All major holidays off
- Sick/vacation time accrual
- Health insurance & retirement
Sunday: 11am-9pm, Monday - Thursday: 2pm-10pm (must be available late night during final exam time when cafe is open 24 hours)
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 5:30pm-1:30am
Employment offer is contingent on the completion of a satisfactory background check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, or domestic violence victim status.
Full Time with Generous Benefits Package & Annual Raises
Job Start/End Date: 09-Nov-2018 to 08-Jan-2019 (EST)
Location: Amherst, NY, USA
Pay Rate: 12.45
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time