GKN Aerospace HR Business Partner - Amityville, NY in Amityville, New York
HR Business Partner - Amityville, NY
Apply now »
Date:Nov 20, 2020
Location:Amityville, NY, US
Company:GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance, benefits administration, training, performance management, on-boarding, and policy implementation.
• Participates in planning, coordinating and execution of and supports employee engagement, employee and community events.
• Investigates employee concerns of compliance issues, working conditions, disciplinary actions, employee and applicant appeals, discrimination allegations and union grievances.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Performs employment/recruitment function including advertising, applicant screening, managing the interview process, checking references, extending offers, coordinating pre-employment physicals, maintaining applicant flow records and affirmative action recordkeeping.
• Conducts on-boarding process.
• Reviews benefits with prospective and current employees, assists employees with eligibility for benefits plans, with enrolment, cancellation or changes.
• Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process in coordination with the Division Benefits group.
• Conducts employee meetings and benefit seminars and arranges for enrollment of employees in plans.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, such as compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility.
• Reports injuries to worker’s compensation carrier, monitors cases and follows-up on open cases as needed.
• Enter updates to the HR systems, with employee change requests, creating reports, photocopying and/or faxing documents, filing and maintaining employment records as required by retention policies, run reports as needed and other functions.
• Conducts various research and/or special projects and prepares reports and summaries.
• Assist HR department with projects and initiatives as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources OR – In lieu of degree – 5+ years of experience in human resources
• Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
• GKN Experience
• Experience in human resources management in an aerospace manufacturing environment highly preferred.
• Experience with an HRIS and/or HRMS preferred.
• PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experienced with MS Office Suite.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.