Cayuga Centers Case Planner in Bronx, New York
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:Provides and coordinates excellent quality care and healing to Cayuga Center’s children and ensures that every one of the children on the caseload is living with a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible.
- Recognizes that each child, parent and foster parent has strengths and is able to change
- Creates service plans for families and children that are inclusive of stakeholders’ input
- Ensures that children are safe and well cared for in the foster home through development and maintenance of a positive working relationship with the child and foster parents
- Maintains regular contact with child/foster parent, and immediate response to early signs of disruption
- Gauges parents' progress in achieving service goals through careful observation of parent/child interaction at visits, feedback from other service providers, home visits and interviews. Works with families to adapt service plan throughout the life of the case
- Explores kinship resources for all children
- Ensures that each child is meaningfully engaged in their education
- Ensures that each child is progressing toward permanency with the goal of achieving permanency within a year
- Works collaboratively and communicates clearly and respectfully with colleagues, families, and other service providers. Ensures full and timely written and verbal communication with families, colleagues, ACS, B2H, and other stakeholders on case developments
- Supervises family/sibling visits both at the agency and off-site
- Writes timely, clear and concise progress notes, FASPs, Permanency Hearing Reports and other documents as required
- Attends weekly supervision meetings to report on cases and presents for discussion any problems, difficulties or unresolved issues
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and trainings: maintains and applies a current knowledge of internal and external regulations and policies applicable to foster care
- Attends & plays an active role in Family Team Conferences (FTC’s), 20 Day Conferences & Parent-to-Parent Conferences
- Regularly appears in Family Court hearings related to the children and families served
- Responds to client emergencies within or outside work hours
- Reads required books.
- Attend required training.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. The essential job functions as described, herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Performs other related duties as requested by immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MSW strongly preferred.
- NYC ACS or private agency child welfare experience required
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress to manage crisis situations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft and CONNECTIONS
- Familiarity with ACS, OCFS, OMRDD, OMH, and other relevant municipal and state agencies
- Willingness to travel within the 5 boroughs of New York City
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Vehicle required: Must be safe and dependable.
- Ability to work well with people from many cultures including recent immigrants, non-English speakers, and LGBTQ children.
- Word processing: Including responding to e-mails, composing letters, completing computerized documentation, transcribing minutes for meetings, involves sitting at a computer for several hours a day.
- Completing paperwork -Such as copying, stapling as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Sit/ride in vehicles, busses, subways, trains - public transportation for lengthy periods of time.
- Walk to enter/exit subway and other public transportation as needed.
- Walk several blocks to get to required location.
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
Job Tracking ID: 512690-653027
Job Location: Bronx, NY
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Level of Education: BA/BS
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 11, 2018
Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
Starting Date: ASAP