The Jewish Board Office Manager (Day Treatment) in Bronx, New York
The Office Manager is the Senior Clerical support person for an office who will direct the work of all other clerical staff members and will function as the Secretary for the department’s senior management. Handle all sensitive or confidential material.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Supervise the department’s clerical work-flow.
* Supervise all clerical staff members and provide training.
* Perform regular evaluations and recommend promotions or changes of assignments.
* The Office Manager is an integral part of the hiring process for all clerical staff members.Recommend candidate selection.
* Oversee fee processing and ensure that agency's practice is being adhered to.
* Conduct periodic audits of all data entry performed to ensure accuracy and also to determine that staff understands all procedures associated with such processes.
* Provide secretarial support to the Division director and other management staff members, especially in confidential matters.
* Monitor, distribute and replenish the petty cash for the division.
* Verify accuracy and prepare weekly attendance sheets for the Director’s approval.
* Submit all status forms/PAFs and pay documents for the division in a timely manner.
* Become acquainted with appropriate OSHA and other safety regulations and ensure that such are met.
* Order supplies for the facility.
* May be called upon to perform any of the tasks normally associated with his/her subordinates.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
* Some college education required; BA preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
* Minimum of three years of related work experience, including some supervisi on.
* Strong knowledge of PC based office automation products required, especially Word and Excel.