Leake and Watts Services Pre School Bilingual Speech Therapist (Brownell-Bronx) in Bronx, New York
Rising Ground is a leading social service agency dedicated to supporting children, adults and families. Working together, we create strong foundations for success. Our agency currently serves more than 11,000 individuals and their family members through 43 programs at 27 locations throughout the New York City area. In our Head Start, Early Head Start, Universal Pre-Kindergarten and Child Care programs, teachers and staff provide the guidance, stability and assistance that young children need to thrive, striving to inspire a love of learning. From play to structured lessons, our work with young children encourages them to actively question, explore and experiment while gaining a solid foundation for future success in and out of the classroom.
• Schedules Speech Therapy sessions using a variety of service delivery models, including classroom intervention and pull-out sessions
• Conducts evidence-based practices which target the goals and objectives of students’ IEPs
• Administers standardized and informal tests and screenings
• Collaborates with classroom teachers on speech-language disorders and curriculum demands
• Prepares IEPs for Committee on Special Education Annual Review based on students’ strengths and weaknesses
• Maintains master caseload list with accurate mandates
• Consults with the principal, nurse, occupational therapist, school psychologists, social workers, home- guidance counselor and special educators
Certification as a Speech and Language Therapist or Pathologist.
Bilingual Certification Extension
Job ID: 2019-1391
External Company Name: Leake and Watts Services, Inc
External Company URL: (No Website Given)
Street: 450 Castle Hill Avenue