ICL Community Hab. Specialist in Brooklyn, New York
Under the supervision of the Residence Manager the Community Habilitation Specialist will facilitate the growth and community interaction of an individual; provides a variety of services necessary to enable the individual to live successfully in the community. For example,takes individuals out in the community to help foster positive relationships within their neighborhood and work on identified goals as outlined in their Community Habilitation Plan.
- Provides transportation or accompanies the consumer to and from community activities
- Follows the goals and/or activities specified in the individual's "Individualized Service Plan" and Community Habilitation Plan.
- Document/record events on the daily data sheet
- Assists consumer in the development and support of social activities and relationships
- Records observations and actions
- Participates in staff development activities and programs
- Works one-on-one in the consumers home and community to address a variety of life skills to include social, recreational and other activities of daily living
- In cooperation with the individual and family, helps to identify skills and competencies to be developed and devises plans to achieve those skills and competencies.
- Assists consumers to identify social, recreation and other community resources the individual may wish to access and devise plans to achieve that access.
- Measures the likelihood of social isolation and develops plans to build social and communal relationships, which prevent or minimize that isolation.
- Negotiates schedules and daily activities.
- Regularly maintains and submits service notes with documentation of the hours worked and the service provided.
- Follows any agreed upon action plan for activities with the individual, including a behavior plan.
- Employs knowledge of emergency procedures as outlined by ICL
- Enhances and promotes social interaction and community participation.
- Presents as a positive role model.
- Submits to and reviews reports and problems with the Residence Manager.
- Acquires and maintains current first aid, SCIP-R, and CPR certification
- Other duties as assigned
:HS diploma or GED required.A valid New York State Driver's License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required. CPR and First Aid certification or eligibility for certification. A minimum one year I/DD experience.
Position Number: CH565508
Department: Avenue K
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt