ICL Mental Health Clinician/LCSW/LMHC/LMFT in Brooklyn, New York
Careers Center | Mental Health Clinician/LCSW/LMHC/LMFT
Social Workers establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with individuals and their families by effectively utilizing professional social work skills. They may review the individuals psychiatric, medical and other case records and discuss issues with families and other members of the treatment team; complete admission screening; conduct psychosocial assessments; make treatment recommendations; participate in treatment planning; provide social casework services; provide individual, group, and family therapy; assess availability of services; serve as consumer advocate; develop and implement discharge plans; and coordinate services with community providers. Incumbents advocate to ensure individuals receive appropriate treatment/services, that their legal and human rights are protected, and promote effective and consistent utilization of services and resources.
*ESSENTIAL TASKS: *
- Interviews individual after a thorough review of the record to construct the psychosocial assessment.
- Obtains psychosocial history by interviewing the individual, the family, significant others, and former service providers to formulate clinical recommendations for therapeutic interventions.
- Assesses individuals treatment needs.
- Prioritizes the individuals treatment needs; assesses impact of treatment on the individual and the family; assesses ability of significant others to assist in the treatment planning process; and involves the individual and significant others in a comprehensive treatment plan; and in some settings, determines which individuals are appropriate for other levels of care.
- Participates in the development of a written comprehensive individualized treatment plan that is based on the assessment of the individuals clinical needs; determines need for services and ensures that referrals for ancillary, support and consultative services are noted and made; reviews and updates individual treatment plan according to all applicable guidelines and in response to clinical change; and ensures that arrangements are made and documented for continuation of care well in advance of individuals planned departure.
- Provides individual therapy to enhance social, emotional, and behavioral functioning.
- Advises the individual and family about the nature of the illness, needed and available services and how to access them.
- May identify, coordinate and plan for the individuals financial needs.
- May identify and provide intervention to individuals in crisis in a range of settings; or provides consultation to others to enable them to appropriately intervene.
- Assesses the individuals readiness for discharge; identifies needed resources; works with consumers/patients, families and providers to link him/her with appropriate resources; may conduct follow-up visits.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to work with clients, families, and staff in a caring and respectful manner, and with due understanding of and consideration for cultural differences.
Ability to develop, evaluate, implement and modify a treatment plan, meeting all deadlines and productivity standards
Ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients, families, and the public.
Ability to prepare accurate and timely documentation, reports and other written material as assigned using computers and computer software assigned (e.g., IMA, Word, Anasazi, etc.)
Ability to understand and adhere to internaland external laws, rules, and policies
Ability to secure the cooperation of and work effectively with others
Ability to work independently, and to conform to all applicable safety and accountability measures
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Licensed by New York State as a Master Licensed Social Worker or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker; current, valid registration certificate. Experience with the type of clientele served by the particular clinic very helpful.
Must be eligible for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs
May be required to possess a valid NYS driving license and a clear driving record.
Position Number: 67540301
Department: PS 13
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Minimum Salary: USD $47,185.25/Yr.
Maximum Salary: USD $57,820.00/Yr.