SolarCity Service Technician, Tactical Response Team in Brooklyn, New York
The Tactical Response Team quickly deploys to service centers and End Of Line to handle large backlogs, help with high spikes in workloads, and support repair and process improvements. We are looking for an experienced Service Technician to work on one of the most progressive vehicles in the world. We are looking for individuals who excel with a wide variety of technical, process and people development skills. This position is home based through local service centers; however, it requires regular travel in our support of other service centers, engineering teams and end of line factory operations. Communication is highly important. Excellent oral and written communication required. A strong will to become a leader through personal development and development of the team.
* Performs work in the diagnosis, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles just manufactured in our Fremont factory and in the field at service centers
* Performs diagnosis, and repair on electric power train systems, electrical systems, steering, suspension and even body work for Tesla Roadster, Model S, X, Y and 3.
*Remain flexible throughout many various job roles outside of standard technician duties up to and including parts, advisors, virtual service, mobile service, delivery operations.
* Maintain records of time and materials.
* Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting
* Order shop supplies and parts.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of: Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
* Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools, shop tools, and automotive and electrical test equipment.
*Strives to perform master-level work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
*Efficient skills in basic automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles
* Graduation from high school or equivalent and an Associate Degree in Automotive Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
* 3 - 5 years of experience in engineering shop and/or dealer shop environment, 5+ years in the automotive industry preferred
* ASE certifications A1-A8, a plus.
* Hybrid experience a bonus
* Factory Trained Master Status / OEM Training a bonus
* Certification to repair A/C systems and handle refrigerant
* Valid driver's license and insurance required
* Regular travel required to support up to 75% of the year, monitor and report region specific Service locations needs.
* Availability for off-hours calls and work.
* Capable of seamlessly integrating with multiple different teams on wide variety of different technical repairs and processes
* Extensive experience using scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes/DVOM equipment
* Handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
* Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
* Maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance as an automotive technician
*Must be at least 18 years of age
Tesla participates in the
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.