Macy's Starbucks Supervisor, Full Time, Kings Plaza in Brooklyn, New York
Shopping is a great way to work up an appetite, and Food@Macy’s offers exciting jobs and great opportunities in an area that’s changing the way people experience our stores. The secret to our success is our mix of skilled, passionate culinary enthusiasts so whether you want to join the prep team or manage one of our restaurants, there’s a great job waiting for you.
The Starbucks Supervisor is responsible for running an efficient, professional, safe and profitable Starbucks operation following all company standards. Perform other duties as assigned. Performs other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Completes Starbucks Advance Store Training (AST) Certification
- Exemplifies Barista promise to produce and deliver handcrafted beverages and food, demonstrating Starbucks service standards
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations
- Understands company health and safety best practices while following Starbucks clean, safe and ready standards and procedures
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Starbucks Service Steps and Magic Selling providing an exceptional customer experience
- Upholds quality standards and actively coaches others to deliver high-quality handcrafted coffee beverages and food products
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriate checklist, verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Maintains PAR stock levels and follows Starbucks merchandising, signing and product presentation standards
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items
- Coaches to achieve desired barista performance. Identify and use additional resources to measure how your store is delivering the customer experience, following Food Division standards and Best Practices
- Role-model the Customer Service behaviors of Anticipate, Connect, Personalize and Own with customers
- Accountable for sales, expenses, and bottom-line profits
- Monitor food quality using Starbucks checklists
- Support a strong working relationship with store management and Starbucks District Manager
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, and staff motivation to all associates to maximize team performance and satisfaction
- Responsible for daily operations
- Complete scheduling and weekly payroll to meet Starbucks standards, maximize associate productivity, labor cost control and customer satisfaction
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly food cost and payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met
- Responsible for ordering and receiving food, beverage, dry and paper goods based budget and needs of the business
- Completes timely payment of invoices according to vendor contracts and Food Division Best Practices
- Responsible for food inventories following Inventory Best Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure targeted food and beverage costs are maintained
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional appearance and communications
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Three years of previous restaurant/hospitality and previous shift supervisory experience is required.
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement.
- A Food Handler's certificate may be required//for food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment prior to starting employment in a food operation at Macy’s.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Strong leadership profile and must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Has planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- This position is required to use potentially hazardous equipment, such as coffee and espresso makers.
- Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Brooklyn
Req ID: 710118738