Amerijet International, Inc. Station Agent in Brooklyn, New York
Ensure that all Amerijet customers are treated in a professional, courteous and timely manner whether being handled in person, over the phone or via email. Process and record all shipping information for both air and ocean freight services in the Amerijet Linux system or the ITN OASIS system respectively. Oversee the operations of the station to ensure shipment and accounting accuracy, reliability and overall quality of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide quotations, billing, tracking, and schedule information to customers as requested
- Reviews all information and documents and corrects any discrepancy
- Tracking of all warehouse inventories, along with setting up local pick-ups and deliveries
- Enter warehouse receipts for all freight accepted for both air and ocean
- Ensure all POD entries are made timely and accurately
- Assists customers by processing documents, receiving payment and depositing cash in the safe
- Reconciliation of daily revenue and back up to all accounting functions as required
- Correctly label freight as required prior to shipping
- Scans freight for tracking purposes prior to loading trucks
- Ensure cleanliness of facility for both employees and customers
- Ensures the overall operation of the station is in compliance with Amerijet procedures and standards
- Off-load and load trucks with freight using a fork-lift
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION:
- Self-starter required, must be able to work effectively with minimal to no supervision
- Valid Driver's license
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Prior Fork-lift driving experience required.
- Prior customer service, conflict resolution experience a plus
- Prior airline/freight forwarding experience of at least 6 months required
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the incumbent be able to speak and be understood, hear and comprehend the English language, stand for long periods of time, be able to lift approximately 30 pounds, be able to relocate in the event of an emergency and have a neat and professional appearance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in this position. Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. reserves the right to request that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development). Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. also reserves the right to revise this job description.
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.
Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs and accommodation for the application process due to a disability should contact (954) 320-5391