The New York Foundling Supervisor- TFCO in Brooklyn, New York
180 Livingston Street, 30
Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Supervises all TFCO team staff including foster parent, family therapist, skills trainer, individual therapist who serve a caseload of 10 foster children.
- Oversees recruitment and training of and support services to treatment foster parents.
- Conducts evaluations of foster parents.
- Works with program intake to match children with foster parents.
- Coordinates contacts with schools, mental health agencies, drug treatment programs, and other providers.
- Oversees each placement, finalizes individual treatment plans for children after discussion with foster parents and staff, monitors each case, and updates treatment plans as necessary.
- Leads weekly clinical team meetings and weekly foster parent meetings.
- Provides/arranges for 24-hour on call availability for parents and children.
- Ensures adherence to all county and State regulations and policies.
- Attends court hearings, writes permanency hearing reports and FASPs.
- Participates in consultation with model developer consultant.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Masters degree required. Masters in Social Work or related field preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- NYC foster care experience required
- 2+ years of foster care experience with therapeutic foster care experience preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the TFCO model
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team setting
Masters or better in Psychology or related field.
Required2+ years of foster care experience with therapeutic foster care preferred and NYC foster care experience required
PreferredUnderstanding of and enthusiasm for the TFCO model
2+ years of supervisory experience
Posted: January 13, 2019