BestSelf Behavioral Health Claims Specialist in Buffalo, New York
The Claims Specialist enters billing and other data into computer; posts billing data and generally organizes billing and re-billing materials; produces report from computer as requested. Types and performs related clerical work as required.
• Enters and verifies data from source documents directly to billing software.
• Posts billing, prepares re-billings and keeps client master files up to date as information is provided.
• Keeps billing materials organized and up to date.
• Produces routine computer reports in a timely manner.
• Provides receptionist and clerical duties as required.
• Input client demographics and verifies accuracy of insurance information.
• Reviews services provided with regard to OMH, Medicare, and Managed Care regulations.
• Posts Medicaid, Medicare and Managed Care payments and reviews denials for possible errors.
• Processes Managed Care claim forms.
• Other billing duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of the operation and use of personal computer
• Ability to organize and maintain billing materials in an orderly, timely fashion.
• Ability to take initiative, make appropriate decisions and solve problems with a minimum of supervision
• Ability to perform routine arithmetic computations
• Ability to understand and follow routine oral and written instructions
• Knowledge of good English usage and grammar
• Ability to receive clients and office callers and to establish and maintain good working relationships
High School Diploma or equivalency including or supplemented by courses in typing and computer operations plus two years’ full time paid experience performing billing functions OR Graduation from a two-year business school with courses in typing and computer operations plus two years’ full time paid experience performing billing functions.