BestSelf Behavioral Health Counselor II in Buffalo, New York
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Chemical Dependency Counselor II provides treatment services to a caseload of individuals with chemical use disorders. Services may include assessment, treatment planning, individual counseling, group education and therapy, family counseling, and vocational counseling. Maintains client records in accordance with agency and regulatory standards. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
• Participates in screening, intake and assessment activities.
• Develops individualized treatment plans in conjunction with team and client.
• Develops and presents relevant materials in group setting utilizing identified evidence based format.
• Assists clients to establish educational/vocational goals and resources.
• Encourages and facilitates client participation in pro-social community activities.
• Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
Please note, your schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Must have knowledge of a variety of intervention techniques, including motivational enhancement; common mental disabilities, chemical dependency interventions and resources. Must possess good oral and written communication skill and computer skills adequate to maintain the electronic record. Must appreciate cultural diversity and be aware of cross cultural counseling issues.
Bachelor degree in social work, psychology, or closely related human service field,
PLUS two years full time paid direct service experience in a social services agency, including one year in a drug abuse services program and current CASAC-T certification.
Associate degree in related field and current CASAC-T certification PLUS three years in an acceptable social services agency including one year direct service experience in a drug abuse services program.