Aveanna Personal Care Assistant - PDN in Buffalo, New York
Personal Care Assistant - PDN
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Buffalo, NY 14225
Personal Care Assistant
PCA/HHA Homecare $11.80-$14.50
Are you looking for flexible hours? Aveanna Healthcare is looking for Personal Care Aides and Home Health Aides to work in the area with our patients. This position awards you flexibility with your schedule and provides you options with location. We are looking for part-time, full-time and per diem positions and we pay more for caregivers that are more experienced and provide great quality care. If you are interested, please apply to this position to be contacted by a Client Service Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform, assist, evaluate and document medical care, such as:
o Basic first aid
o Taking weight and vital signs
o Catheter and bowel care, including I&O monitoring
o Range of motion exercises, exercises as assigned by a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist
o Ambulation, transfer and positioning with wheelchairs and other non-life support medical equipment and devices
o Prepare meals according to dietary and nutritional needs
o Care for patient’s special conditions and needs within scope of authorized tasks
• Help patient maintain good personal hygiene, such as:
o Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, dressing and eating
• Assist with household management, such as:
o General light housekeeping, laundry, and shopping specific to patient
o Accompanying the patient to medical appointment/providers
• Thorough completion and coordination of all required documentation, such as:
o Maintaining and completing the necessary patient/family and Company documentation records upon conclusion of each visit
o Observe and report significant changes in patient’s condition to Supervisor
• High school graduate, GED or equivalent of education and training
• Registration or Certification as required by state law and regulation
• Current CPR certification
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with aide care and policies and procedures
Additional state specific requirements:
• Continuing Education as required by state
• Pediatric and adult experience as appropriate for the patient.
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Ability to comfortably work in homes of families with limited resources
• Strong commitment to clinical excellence
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Good communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel; company does not provide vehicles or transportation
• Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling, up to 25 pounds
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to safely operate equipment, including grasping and manipulating small objects.
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport. This may require physical strength, agility, and ability to function under stressful circumstances to evacuate a patient, to provide physical support to the suddenly weak or disabled patient, or to perform one-man CPR for a prolonged period.
• Must be able to wear a TB respirator and other personal protective equipment as needed.
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.