DuPont Technical Advisor - Corian in Buffalo, New York
Technical Advisor - Corian (Job Number: 212827W-01)
DuPont Technical Advisors serve in a vital role for Operations, utilizing process knowledge, technical expertise, and operations experience to assist, teach and coach plant personnel. The Technical Advisor troubleshoots process or equipment issues, improves process performance, and increases plant reliability. Technical Advisors generate value through their extensive and deep experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. Helps to facilitate and communicate responses/resolutions to identified issues in a timely manner. Champions process safety activities and is a resource for process safety concerns. Ensures training and qualification of personnel on plant process. Maintains an “on-call” status for emergencies, advising and unplanned events.
· Possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the success of the assigned operational area.
· Demonstrate personal leadership by coaching and intervening when appropriate, ensuring adequate time is spent in the field directly interacting with operations.
· Model behavior for operate plant personnel in the use of safety standards, procedures, etc., understanding that actions or lack of actions help shape the organizational culture of the plant.
· Earn respect and establish trust through their expertise as a subject matter expert and good interpersonal skills. Motivate and create a positive and productive team environment.
· Encourage operators to elevate unit concerns, issues or problems. Help facilitate and communicate the response or resolution to identified items in a timely manner.
· Champion process safety activities for operators and act as a resource for relevant process safety concerns.
· Mentor operators to be potential future Technical Advising candidates.
· Coach operators to make sound decisions based on process information, data, plant policies, procedures, and good judgment, while ensuring the do not abdicate making decisions.
· Learn and apply continuous improvement, value creation, and financial acumen skills to accelerate profitability and low-cost service of the facility. Understand how individual actions and responsibilities affect plant financial results and ensure decisions are based on data.
· Support Production Operators, Engineers, and maintenance personnel in the identification and execution of process improvements to improve plant reliability and cost position.
· Identify areas for improvement and network with technical resources.
· Participate on improvement teams; work with supporting functions or roles on issues relating to their assigned operational area.
· Work with the Production Data Analyst to identify how plant process changes may affect rates and bill of materials helping to ensure accurate accounting.
· Know how much money the plant makes per day and which products make the most margin to drive profitability.
· Know the affordability limits and profitability dimensions of the production facility.
· Be aware of the facility’s key internal partners and external customers concerns. Know how quality problems and production interruptions affect these partners and customers.
· Act as a technical / process subject matter resource in the assigned operational area.
· Enhance front line skills and knowledge of plant personnel and related roles through coaching on plant process, equipment, engineering, reliability principles, Life Safety Rules, etc. This includes actively coaching and teaching operators during troubleshooting activities. Note: The Technical Advisor should always partner with an Operator the Plant role when in the field.
· Perform or assist in process related root cause or failure analysis. Leverage and communicate the results to operate plant personnel for learning purposes. Ensure thorough and timely pre-investigations occur.
· Works with Continuous Improvement and plant resources to identify, implement and sustain improvements relating to their area of expertise.
· Develop and maintain plant process training material content and qualification assessments.
· Maintain a high involvement in formal training process and qualification of team members on plant process.
· Develop a strong partnership with the Activity Coordinator / Gate Keeper and back them up as needed.
· Maintain “on call” status for plant unplanned events, emergencies and advising.
· Engage in turnaround scope definition, preparation and execution.
· Own and coach others on the effective use of logbook, focusing on quality of information entered. Technical
· Participate in available Technical Advising role networks to improve personal effectiveness and leveraging of best practices.
· Create, review, modify and approve operational procedures to ensure sound operating discipline.
· Partner closely with the Run Plant Engineer to resolve problems, drive continuous improvement, and ensure the facility goals are achieved. Mentor new Run Plant Engineers as they on-board and train.
· 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
· 7-10 years of manufacturing or related experience required
· Line of business experience required
· Process Safety Management (High Hazard Process/Low Hazard Operation) experience preferred
Capabilities Required for this Role (Knowledge Skills & Abilities)
· Specific Process Area Technology expertise required
7+ years of experience in Manufacturing
2+ year degree preferred
Behaviors Required for this Role
· Learning agility - A personal drive to learn, pivot when necessary, and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our company in the face of a changing world and customer base
· Functional skills - The specific skills and experiences needed to deliver and accelerate in your current role and throughout your career
· Inspiring trust - Earns the respect of others; follows through on commitments; authentic; open to feedback; acknowledges and affirms contributions of others
· Actively listening - Knows what she/he doesn’t know; welcomes input from others; takes time
· Self-driven - “Sense of purpose”; driven by a higher agenda; demonstrates the ability to elevate and remain objective; able and willing to take risks and do difficult things
· Resilient - Does not fall to pieces at the first “blow” or failure; stays focused during organizational turmoil; handles pressure and does not take things personally
· Playing to win - Just won’t give up; finds a way when others find excuses; will not let obstacles get in the way; goes beyond “tolerating” complexity and grey zones
· Accountable - Takes responsibility for actions; communicates with transparency; recovers from mistakes; owns their impact
Primary Location: NA-United States-New York-Buffalo
Organization: Safety & Construction
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
- DuPont Jobs