Happiness House Janitor in Canandaigua, New York
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 1:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position is responsible for the general daily cleaning of agency buildings. This may include light maintenance and repairs along with other cleaning projects as designated by Maintenance Supervisor.
1. Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program staff and community resources.
2. Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
3. Sweeps, mops, cleans windows and vacuums floor surfaces and strip/wax floors according to cleaning schedule provided by Maintenance Supervisor.
4. Disinfect all bathrooms and bathroom fixtures on a daily basis using designated cleaning products and following proper protection guidelines.
5. Perform routine maintenance and repair/replace of light fixtures, air filters and other minor building equipment.
6. Set up and remove furniture for meetings as requested.
7. Secure all entrance and exit doors to Agency sites as needed..
8. Report any repair to the attention of the Maintenance Supervisor.
9. Assist the Maintenance as needed.
10. Performs other duties at the discretion of the Maintenance Supervisor.
11. Participates in conferences, workshops and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
12. Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
1. Good communication skills
2. Professional attitude
3. Ability to maintain focus while working independently
4. Physical stamina and dexterity
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. 1-2 years of paid experience in general building maintenance and cleaning or demonstrated ability to successfully perform such duties.
3. Proven ability to work independently