Cassadaga Job Corps Academy Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in Cassadaga, New York
Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401 ( k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
This position will be split between two sites. The candidate would ideally live in the Buffalo/Cheektowaga vicinity or nearby area, as these communities are half way between both schools. One school is south west of Buffalo and one school is north east of Buffalo. The ability to commute is required.
Cassadaga Job Corps
8115 Glasgow Road
Cassadaga, NY 14718
Iroquois Job Corps
11780 Tibbits Rd.
Medina, NY 14103
HOURS: Candidate will work four ten hour days, of which two hours a day will be paid commute time, and eight hours a day will be spent providing services. This provides for a three day weekend. The position is a professional exempt position which meets NYS requirements.
* Responsible for the design, development and coordination of the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program. Clients being served have the probability to experiment with, or causally abuse drugs and alcohol. Predominantly the drugs of choice are alcohol and marijuana.
* A large percentage of clients fit the profile of having experimented with, or casually abused, recreational substances. Overwhelming clients would not be considered clinically addicted.
* All clients are drug tested upon entry and are required to remain clean and drug free which is verified by follow-up testing.
* This position is ideal for an individual who is core value driven, creative, and who wants the opportunity to work with young adults who are motivated ( non court mandated) to pursue an education and training scholarship.
* This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who wants to work with low socioeconomic at risk youth and make a difference.
* Clients served must maintain alcohol and drug free lifestyle to remain eligible for their training scholarships. Relapse prevention and supporting clients to pursue a healthy lifestyle is a core job responsibility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles.
* Designs, develops and implements all programs related to substance use and abuse prevention and intervention in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant, Counseling and Health Services staff, center physician and Academy Director in accordance with the PRH.
* Coordinates all programs designed to reduce and eliminate substance use and abuse.
* Submits recommendations to the Health and Wellness Manager and Academy Director for medical separation related to substance misuse and abuse in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant, and Academy Physician.
* Acts as liaison between center and agency resource and referral contacts.
* Monitors behavior and progress of students involved in the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program.
* Provide educational information, group counseling, and prevention counseling to young adults between 16-24 years of age in a program with strict eligibility requirements which requires abstinence of alcohol and substance use. This policy is strictly enforced.
* Will occasionally be required to connect clients who are in recovery with community 12 step programs which typically amounts to about 1% to 2% of clients served. These clients will require more frequent support.
* Works within a core value driven holistic health team made up by a Physician, Mental Health Consultant, Dentist, and nurses within a residential school clinic setting.
* Attend academic classes to receive a GED or HSD diploma if needed. All clients participate in Vocational training programs. Post program completion clients receive support in finding a job, college, military enlightenment, or advanced training.
* Bachelor's degree in Psychology or related field. Must have State certification in alcohol and drug counseling ( CASAC). Three years work-related experience. must have dependable transportation and will be paid a mileage per diem for travel. They will work two days a week at each of the two sites. Model company Core Values
* Minimum plus Master's degree. Previous experience with disadvantaged youth, particularly in a residential setting highly desirable.
* Broad-based knowledge of counseling techniques.
* Knowledgeable in the area of alcohol and other drugs of abuse intervention program.
* Ability to design, develop and implement a program related to alcohol and other drugs of abuse and intervention.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Training skills in both individual and group counseling methods.
* Ability to relate well to young adults.
* Must possess and maintain valid CPR/First Aid certification.
`* All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex ( including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at ( 888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.