Hannaford Full-time Bakery Operations Supervisor - Hannaford in Clinton, New York
Full-time Bakery Operations Supervisor - Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status
55 Meadow Street
Position Title: Full-time Bakery Operations Supervisor
Purpose: Lead the Bakery Team and assist the Assistant Store Manager Fresh in maintaining department operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the Bakery Department operations in accordance with established department standard practices, in the absence of the Assistant Store Manager- Fresh.
• Lead excellent customer service and goodwill by role modeling and providing high standards in customer service and sales building.
• Aid in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
• Support that department conditions involving appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
• Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
• Utilize company tools such as: financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
• Assist in creating and maintaining effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associatesÕ personal needs.
• Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow up required for the efficient performance of the department.
• Provide real time coaching, feedback, and assist with the performance management process.
• Assist in training and developing associates to meet the department needs.
• Maintain solid communication in the department and with store management.
• Observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices.
• Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
• A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Retail bakery experience preferred.
• Ability to lead and direct others.
• Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred.
• Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
• Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Must meet minimum age requirements.
• Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a "Certified Food Safety Manager" or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
• Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
• Meet established volume activity standards.
• Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing and hand/arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
• Lift up to 30 pounds 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
• Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
• Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
• Use their hands to operate controls, feel objects and use tools to prepare products.
• Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.