Danaher Corporation Value Stream Leader - Warehouse in Cortland, New York
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Supervises and oversee the direct warehouse / manufacturing / operations in terms of safety, quality, productivity, on-time delivery to external customers with the intent of continuous improvement and leading results, under the oversight and guidance of the Operations Manager to achieve sustainable plant goals.
* Maximize the performance of value streams by implementing and sustaining lean conversion principles in order to meet customer requirements.
* Effectively drive and mentor Danaher Business Systems (DBS/DMS), while championing an environment of teamwork and associate engagement
* Develop, sustain and adapt training programs that are implemented through standard work practices that enable value streams to meet their respective business requirements
* Lead and engage employees during Kaizens to drive continuous improvements
* Lead daily management to drive sustainable, continuous improvements in Safety, Quality, Productivity, On Time Delivery, and materials management. Report necessary counter-measures and problem solving data to management in the daily management walkthrough and reviews
* Maximize productivity and manufacturing efficiency of production
* Reconcile inventory discrepancies and find root cause/countermeasure. Ensure cycle count process is on schedule.
* Investigate and reconcile any issues related to incoming and/or outgoing freight.
* Lead and support barcoding initiatives throughout the facility.
* Support Kanban Implementation and Auditing throughout the facility.
* Collaborate with the engineering team to assure product integrity is maintained. Document and qualify changes to product, process and equipment
* Manage cost, quality, schedule, inventory and health, safety & environmental activities for the location
* Ensure the shipment goals, business goals, customer requirements and production plans are achieved and that manufacturing capacity meets the sales plans
* Set clear goals and provide an example to manufacturing employees by conduct, appearance and behavior
* Working with other site leaders to ensure that the production employees are organized, trained and provided daily management
* Ensure building and property security is maintained
* Ensure a safe working environment exists consistent with OSHA and company policies and safety equipment is maintained and effectively used
* Ensure that environmental regulations and good practices are adhered to
* Verify that all employees conduct business in a manner that complies with company policy
* Provide an example to all employees by conduct, appearance, and behavior
* Must be able to work independently with little supervision
* Effectively communicates requirements using a team approach to accomplish goals and objectives of the business
* Develops work cells for product families which challenge union employees to develop state-of-the-art processes while using such items as on-line process information, cross functional job descriptions and Kanban
* Provides input for capital expenditures for new equipment and facilities
* Collaborates with union and effectively works to resolve labor disputes expeditiously with uniformity and consistency of application. Promotes labor-management collaborative working relationship
* Effectively facilitates through conflict to ensure listening and adherence and support differences of opinions * Lead day and off-shift operations and on-call responsibilities, including weekend shift coverage rotations * Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge: * Leadership: Willingness to work on the shop floor and lead by example; ability to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to agreement. High tolerance for ambiguity * Communication: Interpersonal skills that build productive relationships and influence others, both within the business and across organizations. Ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams), exceptionally good listening skills, able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity * Teamwork: collaborate effectively with others in the spirit of common objectives * Planning and Execution: Excellent project management and prioritization skills. Solid business acumen. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment * Analytical Problem Solving: Able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data. Innovative and effective solution development, risk mitigation and execution. Hands-on experience with most of the following Lean / Problem solving tools: DMAIC, Lean, voice of the customer, benchmarking, quality function deployment, control charts, standardized work, etc. * Proficient in MS Office tools
Qualifications: * 10 years of manufacturing leadership responsibility or a Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum of 2- 5 years experience, or an AAS degree with a minimum of five years experience. Experience in direct support of manufacturing product value streams * 2 years of experience using continuous improvement tools and methodologies
* Experience working in a unionized work place is preferred
* SAP, Kronos, and Workday experience desired.
* Domestic and international shipping and logistics experience preferred.
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Cortland
Req ID: PRO000315