Ducommun Manufacturing Operator – 2nd Shift - copy in Coxsackie, New York
Manufacturing Operator – 2nd Shift - copy
Job Summary & Essential Functions: The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
Duties may includethe set up and operation of various machines, hand tools, and pneumatic tools which may heat, bend, form, press, stretch, shrink, straighten, notch, punch, roll, cut, refine, grind, drill, machine or otherwise change the original shape of various sheet metal or extruded metal products to engineered drawings, tools or customer specifications. Also, must be able to use precision and standard measuring tools, read engineered as well as non-dimensioned drawings, and read and comprehend customer specifications, engineered planning and operation sheets.
· Performs basic Baan transactions (clock in/clock out, labor reporting, dispatch list)
· Verify the operation as specified in the traveler as it relates to the operation being performed (i.e. the proper material, thickness, process, etc.)
· Ability to understand layout and plan sequence of operations.
· Be able to set equipment controls and timers.
· Set up machinery and dies.
· Be familiar with machine operation and controls.
· Be capable of making any necessary adjustments ensuring the quality of parts remains consistent.
· Be able to refine parts for cosmetic or other customer-specified reasons.
· Use precision measuring tools in set ups and quality assurance.
· Use necessary inspection media to ensure consistent quality.
· Be familiar with customer specifications as they relate to the operation being performed.
· Have a familiarity with machine maintenance and upkeep for the machine being utilized.
· Compose and/or edit operation sheets.
· Receive forklift training.
· Observe all safety rules while performing tasks.
· Be familiar with all Lean Manufacturing principles.
· Follow 6-S guidelines.
· Cross train in other facets of fabrication.
· Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
· Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
· Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
· 6 to 12 months’ aerospace manufacturing experience is preferred.
· Strong mechanical aptitude required.
· Math Skills – decimals, percentages, fractions - geometry and trigonometry preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars.
· Read and understand internal procedures and policies and travelers.
· Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.
· Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
· Computer Skills - able to learn new screens, reports, functions, software programs and internal ERP systems.
· Communicates courteously and professionally at all organizational levels.
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.· Must be able to communicate effectively.· Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
· Annual baseline hearing test is required.
· Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
· Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must qualify for any and all required certificates.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
· Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
· Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
· Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and airborne particles.
· Noise level is usually loud.
· Hearing protection is required.
· Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
· Fully enclosed shoes of solid, leather construction with a steel or composite toe cap (ANSI Z41 compliant) must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
171 Stacey Road
Coxsackie, New York, 12051