Nestle Purina QA Specialist (HACCP/Food Safety) in Dunkirk, New York
QA Specialist (HACCP/Food Safety)
Our Nestl Purina factory in Dunkirk is strategically located along Lake Erie's Historic Chadwick Bay Harbor, which is situated 50 miles southwest of Buffalo, New York. With miles of Great Lakes waterfront and beaches, ski resorts, vineyards and boutique wineries, our associates are proud to call Dunkirk a hidden gem. Since its opening in 1971, various expansions to the processing and warehousing towers have taken place to accommodate increasing production of great brands like Pro Plan, Beggin, T-Bonz, and Busy. In 2016, the facility accomplished "Zero Waste to Landfill" status meaning all discarded materials are directed to destinations that specialize in recovering the ecological and/or economic value of the material. As a part of Nestl sustainability efforts, we've also decreased our water usage by 20% since 2012 and power our production using 65% renewable energy, a number that continues to increase.
As the QA Specialist, you will lead the factory in ensuring that the factory's Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)/Food Safety Plan is fully established, effective, and compliant with all regulatory, internal, and external requirements. You will work across all functions at the factory to outline all risk behaviors/processes in the plant and develop plans to address the risks. In addition, you will be the factory's thermal process expert as well as support all other food safety programs.
Most important to remember is that regardless of which factory you join, we're all family. Your needs are our responsibility - job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future. Feel empowered to innovate. Share ideas. Do what's never been done before. Dare to Stand Taller.
- Lead the creation, modification, and publishing of the factory HACCP.
- Act as the primary point of contact for any HACCP violations or non-compliant situations.
- Train and coach employees in HACCP and related topics.
- Review and evaluate ingredients, chemicals, and significant process changes for potential food safety hazards.
- Responsible for scheduling and completing all Food Safety/HACCP/Preventative Controls verification activities.
- Develop and implement quality and food safety programs as a member of the Food Safety Team.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of Quality Assurance or lab experience in a food manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or related field.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestl Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestl Purina home.
The Nestl Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
Job: QA Specialist (HACCP/Food Safety)
Primary Location: Dunkirk, NY US
Career Area: Professional
Nestle Purina PetCare Company
https: //nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en& job=20005388
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity