Drasgow, Inc. Screw Machinist/Operator - Gainesville in Gainesville, New York
JOB OPENING: SCREW MACHINIST / OPERATOR (Competitive Pay, Benefits & Opportunity to Advance).
EMPLOYER: Drasgow, Inc.
We are a locally owned & rapidly expanding ISO 9001:2008 certified Multi-Spindle Screw Machine Shop. Drasgow produces precision turned parts from bar stock on Screw Machines and machines castings in our CNC area. Drasgow manufactures original equipment parts for the Automotive & Heavy Truck Industry as well as machining Agricultural & Industrial parts in our Tool & Die area.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
WORK LOCATION: 4150 Poplar Tree Rd. Gainesville, NY 14066.
PHONE: (585) 786-3603
APPLICATION: Please send Resume to email@example.com
1. High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Machinist trade school (BOCES) or previous experience in a related field.
3. Be physically capable of standing at the machine and operating it, loading bar stock, closing the collets, and lifting heavy pans of parts.
4. Being mentally capable of following instructions (wearing safety glasses on the shop floor).
5. Must be capable of being at work on time, working your full shift and be willing to work overtime when required.
JOB DUTIES - May include but not limited to:
1. Learn the basic functions of a screw machine including loading of the bar stock,
segregating pans of parts (after inspection), monitor tool wear, understand the scheduled tool change procedures and document them.
2. Clear the cutters of chips and clean the base of the machine. Complete scheduled maintenance. Keep your area neat and orderly.
3. Become familiar with the proper use of hand tools and dial indicators.
4. Learn how to change inserts, drills, and form tools. Become capable of adjusting them.
5. Operate the Chip Spinner, separating the chips and dumping them. Reclaiming the oil and refilling the machine with it.
6. Study the blueprint; determine the dimensions, and the tolerances.
7. Become familiar with the proper use of micrometers, dial calipers, optical comparators, profilometers, pitch diameter gauges, and document the use of them.
8. Operate a part scale and keep an accurate record of your production.
9. Operate one or typically two screw machines simultaneously.
10. Do whatever is needed to produce quality parts and perform any other duties that are required of you.
GOOD WAGES, BENEFITS & OPPORTUNITY for ADVANCEMENT
Drasgow, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
ATTENTION VETERAN APPLICANTS: Please, email Dave Eley (DOL - Local Veterans Employment Representative) to confirm you are applying at firstname.lastname@example.org