Five Star Bank Float Teller - Geneseo in Geneseo, New York
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344 or (585) 786-1417.
Position Title: Teller - Float
Location/Affiliate: Geneseo (Home Branch)
Reports To (Title): Banking Center Supervisor
Department: Retail Banking
Schedule: Position is scheduled for 40 hours per week. Regularly scheduled hours will be Monday-Wednesday (8:30am-5:00pm), Thursday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm or 6:00pm) and rotational Saturdays. Flexibility is needed to occasionally work more or different hours to cover for vacations and holidays.
Purpose: The Teller Float will float between branches as needed providing a variety of customer service functions involving various transactions and controlling a fund of cash. This position is expected to provide exceptional customer service through the continuous interaction with current and prospective bank customers.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Retail Banking
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Moderate
From (Title): Banking Center Supervisor
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers (e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds, selling gift cards) in a courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
2. Participates in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, and vault related controls as assigned.
3. Performs operational duties as required including: filling change and/or currency orders, issuing cashiers checks and money orders, processing night drop bags and mail deposits, balancing ATM and resolving discrepancies, and settling and balancing Cash Advance machine.
4. Balances cash drawer on a daily basis.
5. Maintains and applies knowledge of all security policies and procedures. Completes online compliance training as required within established timelines.
6. Participates in the bank incentive programs in the achievement of bank, branch and individual goals including call center metrics as assigned.. Develops and maintains knowledge of bank products. Actively promotes referrals and retention of account relationships.
7. Refers questionable or difficult issues to supervisor. Responsible for immediately reporting both internal and external suspicious or fraudulent activity to Branch Management.
8. Effectively utilizes necessary and available technology including all bank software as required by the position. Operates office equipment as necessary.
9. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank Experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
10. This job description is not exhaustive. The Teller Float may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Years: 6 months Type: Cashiering or Cash Handling or Customer Service or Sales experience
Preferred: Years: 6 months Type: Cashiering or Cash Handling or Customer Service or Sales experience in a Retail environment
1. Ability to work within a team environment and with all levels of staff and management
2. Reliable in fulfilling hours scheduled and consistently punctual
3. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
5. High level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy
6. Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
7. Able to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
1. Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time
2. Able to frequently bend and reach
3. Extensive computer usage is required
4. Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
5. Extensive travel between Branch locations
6. Able to lift 50 lbs.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
Employer's Job# 3556
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.