Glens Falls Hospital Pathology Assistant in Glens Falls, New York
The Pathologists’ Assistant, under the direction and supervision of a pathologist, canassist in all aspects of anatomic pathology and participates in seminars.Pathologists’ Assistants can do all work leading up to but not including diagnosis. They are qualified to do complex surgical resections (pelvic exenterations, whipple procedures, etc.) and autopsies including gross, PAD/FAD, and clinical summary.
· Post Baccalaureate training in anatomic and clinical pathology preferred**
· New York State licenses Pathology Assistant**
· Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)**
· Graduate for a Baccalaureate Pathologist’ Assistant program or successful completion of a post bachelor’s program from an NACCLS approved school of Pathologist’ Assistants**
· 3-5 years experience in pathology – surgical gross pathology, frozen section cutting, and autopsy.**
Develop and maintain computer skills needed for electronic communication, including the Cerner Pathnet system and Dragon dictation system. Develop and use skills related to the use of the intranet and internet to search for information.
Understand and utilize statistical software to effectively manage and evaluate technical data.
Generate information and summary reports using statistical and decision-making tools.
Specify and utilize computerized tools for the selection and interpretation of laboratory testing.
Maintain LIS and procedures to ensure clinicians receive laboratory data in a timely and useful manner.
Design and implement reports that present patient data in a clinically useful format
Analyze and correlate data from various sources in the performance of duties and responsibilities,identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to convert it to actionable knowledge.
Effect conflict resolution to benefit both the patient and the healthcare team
Make responsible decisions.
Identify situations where delegation is appropriate, communicate expectations clearly and follow up to ensure effective completion.
Serve as a resource in resolution of intra/inter departmental healthcare issues.
New York State Pathology Assistant Licenses
Job: *Allied Health - Laboratory Medicine
Title: Pathology Assistant
Location: NY-Glens Falls
Requisition ID: 200RP