The Raymond Corporation Co-Op, Value Analysis Value Engineering - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Summer/Fall 2021 (May - December) block / 40 hours per week
Housing allowance available to eligible candidates
Please note: This co-op is designed to provide an on-site work experience. However, due to current capacity restrictions, this assignment has the potential to include remote (possibly up to 50% or more) work projects. The remote work requirements could be subject to change at any time based on future pandemic developments.
As a Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Value Engineering, you will be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer working together with an assigned mentor in a cross-functional team environment. Your assignments will include design, analysis, and testing of mechanical systems and components with a focus on maximizing value. Typical areas of design may include (among others): bolted or welded joint design, sheet metal design, finite element analysis of structural components, cost analysis, and design for manufacturing.
- Learn corporate tools and methods to develop mechanical solutions
- Learn design for manufacturing methods to decrease product cost
- Work in a corporate team environment to develop creative, efficient, and economical solutions
- Collaborate with Product, Manufacturing, Reliability and Test engineering groups
- Communicate your design solutions to a cross-functional audience
- Implement your design improvements onto industrial work vehicles
Value Engineering is dedicated to defining and controlling the value of components used on fork truck products. The Value team at The Raymond Corporation provides design and manufacturing expertise to reduce product cost and implement significant corporate cost reduction projects. As a member of our Value Engineering team, you will collaborate with our Procurement team and cross-functional engineering teams within the organization to simplify designs for ease of manufacturing and assembly