Herkimer BOCES Building Maintenance Worker in Ilion, New York
Building Maintenance Worker.
Full time for Herkimer, Fulton, Hamilton, Otsego BOCES.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
This is semi-skilled work involving responsibility for independently performing a variety of mechanical and other building maintenance tasks or for serving as a helper to a journey level worker. In either case, although a working knowledge of one or more trades is necessary, a maintenance worker does not utilize the more skilled techniques for any considerable portion of time. In addition, the work may involve the part-time operation of a truck, automobile or other automotive equipment. General instructions are received and work is performed under immediate or general supervision, depending upon the nature of the task. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
* Helps to install and repair wiring systems and electric fixtures and equipment;
* Repairs windows, doors, floors, walls and other parts of buildings;
* Does interior and exterior painting where quantity rather than fine quality of work performed is the principal object;
* Helps to install and repair general plumbing equipment; such as sinks, toilets and baths;
* Assists in cleaning and repairing boilers, pumps, heaters, pipelines, valves and traps;
* Operates trucks, automobiles, air compressors, and other motorized equipment;
* Takes part in general grounds maintenance activities;
* Receives and stores supplies and equipment;
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
* Working knowledge of modern buildings and grounds maintenance and repair practices;
* Working knowledge of the practices and techniques of one or more of the standard trades;
* Mechanical aptitude;
* Industry, dependability;
* Manual dexterity;
* Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Two years of experience in either general building construction or maintenance work in one or more of the standard trades, such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical. Must have a valid NY State driver's license.
PAY: $26,976.83 annually. Full benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation and retirement per CSEA contract.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.applitrack.com/herkimerboces/onlineapp