CFCU Community Credit Union Mortgage Operations Assistant in Ithaca, New York
CFCU Community Credit Union is seeking a Mortgage Operations Assistant to assist the Mortgage Department in performing file audits, preparing and scanning documents for processing, and performing other clerical functions. The successful candidate will report directly to AVP of Mortgage Operations and will work out of a CFCU location in Ithaca, NY.
• Perform a pre-closing audit review of select mortgage loan files to meet Secondary Market and government agency requirements.
• Complete verifications of employment for all employed borrowers prior to mortgage loan closings.
• Perform pre-closing audits to ensure that borrower information is accurate throughout the entire file.
• Label and file documents into various computer software programs daily.
• Scan and upload documents as necessary.
• Maintain appropriate follow up and logs for each appraisal order.
• Organize appraisal invoices and ensure payment at the end of each month.
• Perform post-closing file reviews to verify borrower information is complete and accurate.
• Manage storage of mortgage documents through electronic or permanent methods.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• High School or equivalent education.
• One to two years’ experience in a business environment.
• Basic computer proficiency; ability to use windows software, scanner, email, fax and copy machine.
• Must have attention to detail and be able to multi task.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a basic principle at the Credit Union. CFCU provides equal employment opportunities, without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political beliefs, victim of domestic violence status, familial status, or predisposing genetic characteristics or status, or any other status protected by federal, state, local or other law. This policy includes, but is not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.