Children of America Preschool Center Director - Jackson Heights, NY in Jackson Heights, New York
For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted childcare leader among families. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the very best in education. Our programming is play-based and nurtures a child's natural desire to learn. We innovate, we teach and we connect, making our learning environments exciting and purposeful. Want to do something that matters? Join the COA team today!
As a leader you understand how to communicate effectively. You believe that you earn respect through example and believe that no job is too big or too small for you to handle. You love children and want to nurture and safeguard them. You believe a song is an opportunity to dance and a book is an opportunity to imagine. If when reading this, a bright smile emerges, then we want to talk to you. Children of America needs a Director at the helm. This is a full-time position and an excellent opportunity to join a progressive program rich in diversity and known for its commitment to children and families, high expectations and no excuses approach.
The COA Director has strong leadership skills, creates opportunities and motivates to inspire.
The Director responsibilities include:
- Overseeing school operations including human resources, quality assurance, and facility operations
- Understands that listening is as important as speaking
- _Developing strong relationships with our families _
- Manages a budget
- Complying with state daycare licensing regulations
- Projecting a positive and upbeat attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrating highly effective organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Having a genuine love for children and a strong commitment to education
- Solid educational background which meets federal and state requirements for child care licensing
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- NY State Teaching Degree in Either
- Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2)
- Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6
- Pre-Kindergarten-Grade 6 certification; or
- Students with Disabilities (Birth-Grade 2) * Must pass a full background check
- At least 10 years of professional experience.
- Prefer working knowledge of Pro Care software.
- A working knowledge of the assigned state's child care licensing codes.
- Two-years full-time teaching experience in a child day care center, family or group family day care home, or other early childhood program.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong business management skills.
- Team Builder.
- Commitment to Professional Development.
- Development of marketing strategies is a must.
- Have full complete knowledge of standard office practices.
- Strong customer service, organization, and listening skills. Above average on verbal and written skills.
- Possess skills, attributes and characteristics conducive to and suitable for dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and clients.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel.
*We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following: *
- Comprehensive healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Childcare Discount Program
Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan coverage
A 401(k) plan
Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program and bonus compensation
- Exclusive discounts at Avis Rent a Car
- "Alpha Perks": discounts with retailers, entertainment, hotels, pet insurance, identity theft & prepaid legal services and savings on home and auto insurance.
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 14-Jan-2019 to 15-Mar-2019 (EST)
Department: Human Resources
Location: Jackson Heights, NY, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time