Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union Teller I in Kingston, New York
Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Teller I.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of financial transactions. Successfully implement HVFCU Sales and Service Success Model with both internal and external members and nonmembers to contribute to individual, branch and corporate goal attainment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process transactions as outlined in the Teller Training Guide and adhere to established Teller Workflows. Fulfill the HVFCU Value Proposition by providing accurate transactions, knowledgeable and professional service, prompt resolution of problems when needed, and ultimately, provide or offer services that deliver convenience and ease of doing business with the Credit Union
- Contribute toward individual and team sales and service goals by identifying member needs, recommending solutions and referring members to HVFCU platform staff and/or business partners by implementing the HVFCU Sales and Service Success Model. Support the successful implementation of marketing programs and promotions by creating member awareness.
- Accountable for all transactions, including negotiable instruments and applicable paperwork to ensure accurate end-of-day proof. Handle large volumes of cash and securely maintain cash box and negotiable items. Maintain member and workplace confidentiality.
- Accommodate a flexible schedule to meet branch needs including evenings, weekends and providing coverage to other branch locations as business needs dictate.
- Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Look for opportunities to enhance revenue, reduce expenses, create efficient processes and improve operations.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate; or a current high school senior in possession of a certificate of satisfactory academic standing required.
- Minimum 6 months customer service experience in a financial institution or retail environment with sales experience preferred.
- Previous Teller or cash handling experience preferred.
Consistently named one of the Best Companies to work for in New York, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is a community chartered financial institution serving members in the Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, and Putnam counties. HVFCU steadily grows; thriving on providing exceptional service and a desire to do so in an engaging and dynamic environment. Come join us in our goal to be the Hudson Valley’s first choice for a lifetime financial services partner.
We offer a great salary and benefits including:
- Health Insurance_
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Discounted Loan Rates
- Discounted Fees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Professional Development Programs
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check including bondability, credit report and past employment references. All checks must be favorable for an applicant to be considered for employment.
HVFCU is a tobacco-free workplace.
HVFCU is committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
Auto req ID: 2865BR
Work Hours: 40 FLEX