Lloyd Staffing Benefits Coordinator in Lake Success, New York
Our client, one of the region's premier healthcare providers is seeking to add a critical player to their team. This role starts as a temporary position paying $21 to $25 per hour depending on experience. Once it is determined you are a good fit and are hired full time, the salary will be between $50K to $60K/year, depending on your experience in this area.
The position is for a BENEFITS COORDINATOR - Temp to Hire
You should be a true "people person" - someone who can interact well with colleagues, handle confidential matters with discretion and be able to contribute in a positive way to employee relations and the creation of a positive work culture.
- Benefit administration for medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k, commuter, FSA, and other benefit related programs
- Provide support with leave of absence administration, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws such as FMLA, disability, NY PFL, and ADA
- Coordinate and track employee COBRA payments;
- Process change of status requests and qualifying events in internal systems;
- Ensure proper distribution of benefit materials to employees, proper filings with government agencies, and compliance with the Affordable Care Act and ERISA;
- Assist in the implementation and administration of new benefit programs
- Perform monthly audits of benefits billing, data analysis, identify trends and ensure all inaccuracies
- Process weekly reports for HR and Payroll departments
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and monitor any changes in labor laws and regulations
- Support special projects as needed.
What is needed...
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business, or other related field;
- 3-5 years of experience in a fast paced, high volume benefits role;
- Strong time and project management skills;
- Excellent MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work independently, but a strong and effective team player;
- Flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations;
- Strong commitment to results; solutions oriented; superior organizational and follow up skills, and ability to multi-task;
- Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information;
- Ability to apply professionalism in all interactions with strong decision making capability;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and demonstrated customer service skills a must;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is an advantage, but not mandatory
For consideration, email your resume ASAP to kwenskus@LLoydstaffing.com