Sonic Drive-In Assistant Manager in Latham, New York
SONIC DRIVE IN JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: ASSISTANT MANAGER
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assists in managing the operations of a Sonic Drive In and assumes responsibility for drive in operations in the absence of other management. Trains and supports the drive in employees in order to provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Manages, trains, monitors and coaches crew members, carhops and skating carhops.
2. Directs and assigns drive in employees to perform all duties in the Basic Stations as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
3. Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive in employee handbook, policies and practices. Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy violations to his or her immediate supervisor.
4. Performs opening and closing duties in compliance with Sonic Drive In policies and procedures.
5. Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels during assigned shift.
6. Monitors and maintains inventory levels and food cost control during assigned shift and completes weekly inventory as needed.
7. Completes assigned administrative duties timely and accurately. Assists in maintaining files, records and all required documentation.
8. Reinforces the importance of placing guests' needs first to drive in employees on a consistent basis.
9. Immediately responds to guest requests in a respectful manner. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
Performs all duties in the Basic Stations, Fountain and Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, and if applicable Drive Thru as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation portion control, temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order in a clear and understandable manner.
Operates Drive Thru window and sales register and makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on grill or in fryers.
Prepares food orders efficiently within 2 to 3 minute time frame.
Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink orders into drink carrier.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required. Six months of restaurant management experience or one year entry level retail management experience required.
Experience running shifts without supervision
Effective communication skills
Basic math and basic reading skills
Basic computer skills
Ability to follow directions
Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Ability to multi task
Ability to successfully solve problems
Works with autonomy once given direction
Complies with all Sonic Drive In Policies and Procedures and all health and sanitation laws and regulations
Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive In training programs.
Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and cleaning.