AngioDynamics Product Manager - Oncology/Surgery in Latham, New York
Develops Global markets for the product family through marketing programs, disease state awareness, clinical and economic data generation, pricing strategies, new product development, reimbursement and healthcare economic focus and proper messaging and positioning. This position is focused primarily focused on Brand Management and downstream marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines customers’ needs and desires and product pricing by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Identifies and prioritizes new product opportunities.
- Represents Voice of Customer in defining customer requirements for the product development team.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present product lines by appraising new product ideas.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitor's products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains market share by analyzing correct market and sales data.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field sales people and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, and answering questions and requests.
- Works with sales management to formulate product sales and marketing strategies.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, and costing special and customized orders.
- May manage a direct report (Associate Product Manager/Product Manager)
- When appropriate, will get involved with the business development process with emphasis on the modeling, due diligence and launch components.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management - Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Level of Degree in the Marketing or related field of study
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in sales/marketing
- MBA preferred, Medical Device experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to present effectively in front of large groups is essential.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter able to work well within the group environment. Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to excel in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills and highly developed communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Must feel comfortable challenging current thinking and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to standard office environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time
- This position requires some International and Domestic travel up to 20% of the time
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, AngioDynamics will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed,or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Requisition Number: 2023BR
Type of Position: Fulltime-Regular