New York City School Construction Authority Architect - B in Long Island, New York
The Architect B reports to a Managing Architect or Managing Engineer, or a higher assignment level Architect or Engineer, and is responsible for performing work in a variety of assignments and technical roles, as needed, to achieve the objectives of the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Shall perform the duties of Architect A. Duties such as:
- Provides overall architectural coordination for projects; performs and/or supervises the preparation of scope, pre-schematic, schematic, preliminary and construction documents, including reports, drawings and specifications. Works with a wide range of technical, professional, managerial and support personnel as well as outside consultants, contractors, vendors and various government agencies.
- May function as project or team leader, reporting to Managing Architect or Engineer to plan and coordinate work with other Architects and Engineers; may direct Associate Architects/Engineers and Architectural/Engineering Technicians, working on several less complex design projects, up to and including small primary schools, partial modernizations, additions, leased space planning and Capital Improvement Projects.
- Conducts site observations, prepares field reports, assists in the preparation of punch lists and supervises the review of contractor's submittals.
- Performs design review for architectural portions of assigned projects.
- May be required to sign, seal and file architectural drawings and sign other documents.
- May serve as a member of project teams.
- Maintains and develops general understanding of engineering principles.
- May provide input, if requested, in employee performance evaluations.
Functions primarily as project or team leader, reporting to a Managing Architect or Engineer to plan and coordinate work with other Architects and Engineers and may direct Architects, Associate Architects, Associate Engineers, and Architectural/Engineering Technicians, working on several more complex design projects such as large primary schools, small intermediate schools, special types of buildings (e.g. special education schools), full modernizations, large additions and specialized and/or numerous Capital Improvement Projects. May act as a discipline leader in an A & E Design Studio/Division to train and develop staff in the discipline. Participates in cross-studio/division seminars and training workshops. Reviews and checks studio/division projects for quality control. Participates in employee performance evaluations. Performs related tasks.
Valid New York State registration as an Architect. Current NYS registration must be maintained for duration of employment; and Three years full time paid experience as a Registered Architect, two years of which must be as a project architect; project, team, or squad leader; or comparable level of responsibility.
Department: VP Architecture & Engineering Division: A/E In-House Design Studio
INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT
Position #: 0168-496 FY1900558
*Subject to the provisions of the collective Bargaining Agreement, the appointment rate for any newly hired employee or employees with less than two years of active City or SCA service, shall be 15% less than the applicable minimum.
Job Title: Architect - B
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 01/18/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $75,463.00 - $117,599.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 30-30 Thomson Ave, Long Island City, New York