Northwell Health CFO, True North in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001YUU
Job Category Finance
Plans, implements, manages and controls all financial activities of True North Healthcare Solutions. Directs and oversees accounting, finance, reporting, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance. Serves as the primary liaison to Northwell Health Finance leadership. Ensures regulatory compliance, quality assurance and professional standards are met in order to fulfill True North and Health System strategic goals, mission and values.
- Strategic Planning
• Oversees the planning, organization and direction of consulting services within the company, including: growth objectives, program goals, and engagement delivery.
• Identifies and develops new business initiatives and opportunities consistent with the mission and strategic direction of the company.
• Establishes and measures organizational performance against goals and objectives.
• Promotes quality and productivity improvements through involvement in the development of improved procedures, process innovations and changes which support the strategic direction.
• Researches, develops and coordinates the implementation of strategic plans, policies and standards.
- Financial Management
• Reviews, authorizes and prioritizes all financial and capital expenditures by assessing profitability, alignment with business objectives and budget parameters.
• Participates in planning, organizing and coordinating financial policies and practices to control revenues, disburse funds and conserve assets.
• Provides financial and administrative oversight and problem resolution guidance.
• Develops and oversees operational, personnel and capital budgets.
• Leads the preparation process of the annual budget of the company, and provides periodic tracking of actual to budget performance. Responsible for the reporting of balance sheet, PNL, cash flow and other reporting requirements.
• Monitors fiscal operations including, fiscal accounting, reporting and control; billing and payroll; third party reimbursement and contracting; regulatory cost reporting, internal auditing and budget coordination and forecasting.
• Establishes and standardizes financial management systems to support financial reporting requirements.
- Operational Performance
• Ensures financial goals are met through efficient and effective operations.
• Monitors overall financial performance on a monthly basis.
• Keeps abreast of all federal, state and third-party payer rules and regulations; apprises staff.
• Develops and implements annual business plan to maximize revenues.
• Manages and provides analytical support for various contract negotiations and financial initiatives.
• Collaborates with Health System Corporate Finance related to the approval, distribution and performance tracking of venture investments and joint ventures.
• Works to establish a service excellence culture and enhance the customer experience.
• Conducts cost benefit feasibility studies to determine the viability of new product lines and business initiatives.
- Information Management
• Oversees current and future needs assessments of equipment, systems and software to ensure optimal service outcomes.
- Standards Compliance
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, tax laws, regulatory agency standards of compliance and Health System’s Corporate Compliance Program.
• Interprets and standardizes all fiscal and regulatory reporting standards to ensure compliance with government and regulatory reporting and third-party agencies.
• Oversees the development, review and distribution of reports and procedural statements which ensure regulatory and policy compliance.
- Human Resources Management
• Develops and oversees implementation of current and long-term Human Resources goals and objectives for organizational development, recruiting, compensation, employee relations, training and development.
• Oversees protocols to promote employee engagement, excellence and opportunity.
• Works to create a culture of integrity, quality and engagement to meet Health System mission and goals.
- Business Development
• Develops relationships with outside consultants and industry associations to ensure quality improvement process retains validity and maintains the latest techniques and concepts. Keeps executive leadership and stakeholders well informed.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
• Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, required.
• Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible senior management experience in related field, required.