Catholic Charities Community Services Digital & Web Producer in Manhattan, New York
The Digital/Web Producer is responsible for producing, managing and optimizing CCANY’s web properties and digital assets. In addition, the role is also responsible for managing relationships with 3rd party vendors, consultants, agencies that provide digital/web strategy, development and maintenance services. Properties managed include: CCANY’s main website catholiccharitiesny.org and JustLove.org; third-Party hosted applications and pages such as donation pages and subscription pages. Working with CCANY’s Marketing staff and extended team of contractors, the Digital & Web Producer facilitates the development of digital project requirements based on business and audience goals/needs, and helps develop and manage the final product/project plans to create the digital assets or content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as project manager/producer for the development of website upgrades, enhancements, and redesigns
- Provide input into marketing and campaign strategies and plans, especially in the communication of web/digital best practices in relation to product/marketing plans from business units; Translates the strategic goals of programmatic, Marketing and fundraising initiatives through CCANY's web properties
- Work closely with Marketing and Development to ensure email and campaign asset design, segmentation, messaging are aligned with the website quality and its design and functionality
- Develop and implement the process and workflow for website content publishing; ensure the process is used consistently and make adjustments as needs arise; provide guidelines on image/graphics use on the site (sizing, placement) and monitor compliance
- Manage quality assurance and usability. Ensure the sites and applications are functioning properly. Ensure proper software upgrades are implemented in a timely manner; Applies monitoring tools to track site performance
- Provide documentation and training to manage the content management system; update as necessary; oversee content publishing assigned to marketing staff or others trained in the use of the CMS
- Publishes content on website as needed with support from Marketing Coordinator
- Ensure continuity of user experience between the website and other online tools such as the CRM/Fundraising system, EMS, online survey tools, social media, database mgmt, and appeal coding in finance
- Serve as primary liaison with extended team of third-party contractors and agencies
- Maintain hosting and registrar accounts
- Manage ongoing SEO work
- Manage user satisfaction surveys
- Manage and maintain analytics tools; provide reports as necessary
- Monitor branding across enterprise assets and report inconsistencies
- 5 - 7 years of experience in digital/web project management and production
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited 4-year university in fields like art/digital design, computer science, business, marketing.
Skills & Competencies
- Hands-on experience with open sourced website content management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal or commercial-based (SaaS) web content management systems
- Excellent at troubleshooting and investigating/resolving web/digital issues
- Adept at use of project management and collaboration software (Basecamp, Google Suite, Slack, Trello, etc)
- Experience in web site administrative duties such as manage/renew domain hosting & SSL certificates; Basic knowledge operating FTP Clients (Fetch, CyberDuck)
- Thorough knowledge of digital marketing, particularly SEO/SEM techniques and tools such as Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Adwords and Moz
- Familiarity with online CRM platforms and email marketing software such as Nationbuilder, Salesforce and Constant Contact
- Experiencing managing email database, including segmentation, and CAN-SPAM requirements
- Broad experience in social media content management (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Graphic/Web design knowledge with experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; Photo editing and optimizing images for the web. Print design and production experience is a plus.
- Ability to work between a Apple and PC environment
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills pertaining to web content management
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday - Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs. Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain in a stationary position at a work station or in meetings, using the computer approximately 70% of the time.
- Work in an office environment; exposure to outside weather conditions minimal unless participating in, or traveling to, outdoor marketing event.
Please email Elaine Fillimon at email@example.com
Job Title: Digital & Web Producer
Date Posted: 5/14/2018
Full-time / Part-Time: Full-Time
Department: Communications & Marketing
Degree: Bachelor's Degree from accredited 4-year university in fields like art/digital design, computer science, business, marketing
Location: 1011 First Avenue
FLSA Status: Full Time Exempt
Reports to: Director Communications & Marketing
Supervisory Responsibilities: No