VMware Data Center Architect in Manlius, New York
As a VMware Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) and Virtual Cloud Network (VCN) Architect, you will be responsible for driving large, strategic deals and the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware's SDDC/VCN solutions. You will be completely focused on selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization, Data Center Modernization, Security, and Advanced Load Balancing which includes technology from VMware. The VMware SDDC/VCN Architect plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to surpassing our revenue goals. The SDDC/VCN Architect works very closely with sales teams to build long-term business relationships within assigned accounts. The SDDC/VCN Architect is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, while closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
Present the VMware SDDC/VCN vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
· Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, L4-L7 Security (IDS/IPS), Advanced Load Balancers (GSLB, WAFs)and industry directions, and trends
· Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures
· Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work (SOW), and supporting documents for prospects
· Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of SDDC/VCN related products
· Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware Architects & System Engineers with both core and specialist sales teams
· Understand, architect and articulate the impact of Software Defined approach with deep knowledge of infrastructure ( virtual )
· Develop skills around our industry-leading Software-Defined Data Center foundation which brings together best-in-class compute, storage, networking virtualization, and cloud management, our common operating environment lets you rapidly run, manage, connect, and secure apps across clouds and devices.
· Lead the overall strategic ownership of a ‘current to future state’ architecture by organizing multiple workflows that are required to deliver a platform solution to our customers.
· Drive adoption of SDDC into an Increased number of strategic accounts. Empower our Customers business agility and innovation initiatives by delivering on VMware’s SDDC strategy lead by SDDC architects with deep and broad technical- and business knowledge.
· Leverage the existing Enterprise strategic customers who have already bought into VMware’s SDDC framework of digital transformation through investing in our solution portfolio
· Ensure a customer centricity approach by bridging pre- and post sales efforts through cross domain alignment and knowledge sharing.
· Drive market adoption through internal business unit alignment
· Lead with solution and business case approach & help change the operational model to SDDC.
· Align sub-regional to build relations with customers, partners and VMware account teams.To drive business innovation and growth, IT teams need to connect applications across clouds and devices with security, compliance, and availability and a consistent architecture
10+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer/architect or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise and service provider environments
· Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer/architect
· Startup mentality - “whatever it takes"
· Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM, Networking skills related to Routing/Switching/Security (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IDS/IPS, WAF
· Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealize Suite Automation Center (vRA, vROPs), vCloud Director (vCD)
· Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based
· Ability to communicate with Network Architects, Security Architects, Storage and Compute architects or admins.
· Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management
· Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
· Ability to deliver Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
· Ability to deliver basic SDDC training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process-
Core values and traits:
• Independent, yet have a huge desire to give back to your team
• Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
• Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation
• Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills
-A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs