Berkshire Farm Center Behavioral Health Specialist (Per Diem) in Middletown, New York
Join Our Mission
The Behavioral Health Specialist is responsible for coordinating rehabilitative and support services for youth and families so youth can live safely, productively and independently within their home community.
• Agency liaison responsible for maintaining positive partnership with referring agencies and staff including coordinating required services for youth and families, maintaining timely and effective communication regarding case activities.
• Provides rehabilitative and support services for youth and families under the Medicaid Managed Care CFTSS and HSBC programs in individual and group settings
• Offers supportive interventions to youth and families driven by the treatment, service, and discharged plans.
• Delivers Rehabilitative Psycho-education and Supports, Strengths Based Service Planning, and strategies and treatment options for success.
• Facilitates Personal and Community Competence, Daily Living Skills and Community Integration to restore, rehabilitate and support youth and families.
• Completes all state mandated and agency documentation according to policy and regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required;
• Certification in an Evidenced Based Practice or Master degree preferred;
• Minimum of two years of experience in working with youth and families;
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion, demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA regulations;
• Travel required in personal vehicle with Agency mileage reimbursement, Must have valid driver’s license per Agency guidelines.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including night and weekend hours as necessary.
• Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
• Skills: Proven interpersonal skills including ability to listen, act as a role model, and build therapeutic relationships.
• Able to work up to 19 hours per week
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Berkshire Farm Center & Services for Youth (BFCSY) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. BFCSY takes affirmative actions as an equal opportunity employer to attract, promote, and retain the most fully qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions) sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgendered status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.