Thanksgiving Farm at The Center for Discovery Agricultural Equipment Operator in Monticello, New York
10 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 2/15/2020-12/15/2020.
Drive and operate farm machines to grow and harvest vegetables including artichokes, broccoli, beets, carrots, cabbage, celeriac, celery, eggplant, and garlic. Attaches farm implements to tractor, and drives tractor while operating implements on the field. To till soil, plant, cultivate, and fertilize a variety of crops. Thins and weeds plants using hoes and shovels or power drawn implements. The workers will be driving tractors, assembling and moving irrigation equipment, applying spray materials to a large variety of crops for insect, diseases, weed control, and as fertilizers.
* Must have 6 months verifiable work experience driving 110 hp (and/or larger) tractors.
* Lifting requirement of 50 lbs.
* Exposure to extreme temps, repetitive movements, extensive sitting, extensive pushing / pulling.
* Extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Criminal background check
* Post-hire drug screening at the employers expense
* Workers will be required to work in a multidisciplinary, therapeutic environment.
* Because the farm is part of a treatment center and school for individuals with disabilities, farm workers must also be able and willing to interact effectively and safely with disabled individuals who are part of the therapeutic program.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at: http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm