Fedcap Child Care Assistant in Monticello, New York
Easterseals (http://www.easterseals.com/newyork/our-programs/) is a standard bearer for creating equity and access for people with disabilities and other barriers to long term self-sufficiency. For 100 years, Easterseals has been the indispensable resource for people and families living with disabilities. Throughout all life's moments -- from the extraordinary to the ordinary and everything in between -- Easterseals is here to help people and families realize and reach for their full potential.
Join us at Easterseals NY- Monticello for an exciting career as a Child Care Assistant.
Program: ESNY- Monticello
Job Title: Child Care Assistant
Location: 22 St. Johns Street, Monticello, NY 12701
Easter Seals New York provides exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
The Child Care Assistant will help to create a warm, caring, and safe environment for children and assist the classroom teachers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively engage children in developmentally appropriate activities for the supervision and instruction of the individual or group.
- Interact with children at all times in a nurturing and developmentally appropriate way, while encouraging self-help.
- Assist in child observation, records keeping, and assessment.
- Promote and model good hygiene and nutrition.
- Assist in the daily and weekly maintenance of an organized, clean and well-equipped classroom.
- Adhere to all program and agency policies.
- Participate in ongoing staff developemnt.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required. College experience preferred.
- Interest and experience in caring for young children
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, listen well, and work effectively with others
- Have or obtain within one (1) year appropriate state specific requirements
- Meet all NAEYC Accreditation criteria
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled