THRUWAY FASTENERS INC Inside Sales Associate in N TONAWANDA, New York
North Tonawanda. Thruway Fasteners. Inside Sales Associate. FT.
Thruway Fasteners, Inc. is one of the leading distributors of industrial products, supplying hundreds of original equipment manufacturers in 32 states and 28 countries. We help customers increase efficiency, drive growth, and rapidly respond to unique business challenges and opportunities. Thruway utilizes custom technology applications and vast industry specific knowledge to develop unique and flexible product management solutions. Headquartered in North Tonawanda, NY, Thruway has six branch locations across New York, Pennsylvania and Georgia.
Individual will be the "Beating Heart" of Thruway's inside office and is the day-to-day go to person for our customers. This individual is a generalist that can perform all of the duties of managing their assigned customer quoting, application questions, follow up, expediting, sales orders and sales returns.
* Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with customers.
* Perform "contract review"
* Read Prints
* Understand and communicate customer's needs and requirements to internal departments (Quality, Sales,
* Sourcing, Warehouse, Procurement, Management, etc.)
* Use product knowledge to get customer the right product for their application at the best price.
* Solve customer needs and problems quickly and efficiently (building rapport and becoming a trusted advisor).
* Prepare quotes for customers (using professional and proper documentation).
* Process sales orders via Thruway ERP system (SalesPad, GP and/or Intranet).
* Manage delivery dates through GP and customer web portals.
* Identify and qualify sales opportunities.
* Quote repeat-buy product with primary and secondary vendors through phone calls, email or web portals.
* Use Thruway PO quote system on Intranet.
* Negotiate with vendors and customers as required.
* Follow up on quotes and try to find out why Thruway may have missed an opportunity.
* Maintain customer Project Quality Plans (PQPs)
* Process sales order returns using correct reason codes
* Review customer usage vs. inventory on-hand and on-order to ensure promise dates are met.
* Take all opportunities for the clean input and management of company data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Self starter with outgoing personality, positive attitude, and great interpersonal skills.
* Clear understanding of the operations of GP, SalesPad and the Intranet
* Effectively use Microsoft Office suite: Word and Excel
* Ability to work through conflict constructively
* Time management and multitasking
* Develop understanding of customers Portal systems
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Maintains professional demeanor and appearance at all times
* Knowledge of manufacturing environments and Electo/Mechanical hardware
* Read, understand and follow all required work instruction, procedures and the Quality Manual related to job functions.
Thruway Fasteners offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and PTO.
Thruway Fasteners, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we proudly hire United States Military Veterans.
The chosen candidate must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check and drug screen.
Follow link to apply online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/myportal/ess/recruitment/internalPostingPreview.faces?client=Thruway1&jobId=300153&lang=en_US&source=CC2