Chobani Director, Corporate Safety in New Berlin, New York
New Berlin, New York
Director, Corporate Safety
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of Corporate Safety will be responsible for devising and implementing a strategic plan and direction for our Safety functions, including oversight of all policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Provide strategic planning and direction for the Safety functions
• Serve as the liaison with local, state and federal agencies and oversee the response to any inquiries or inspections
• Ensure the organization’s compliance strategy and policies are comprehensive and effective.
• Analyze, evaluate and provide senior management with dashboards and metrics that measure effectiveness of the IHS compliance and training programs
• Develop and deploy companywide Train the Trainer Systems for Key Safety Programs
• Consolidate and align company policies to provide a standardized approach to Safety across all locations
• Refining of key leading indicators for employee safety initiatives: Near miss reporting, Behavior Observation, PM
• Develop a safety culture that is integrated in all areas of Chobani’s organization and involves employees at all levels; strive to obtain a 0% injury rate in all departments.
• Implement mentor/owner program to actively involve employees in the coordination and management of safety programs.
• Establish subject matter experts for the active reinforcement of safety standards.
• Introduce and implement Behavior Based Safety Program with preparation for VPP status
• Assess the Medical Management System to support Operations in identifying and resolving issues that would lead to work related injuries.
• Manage the relationship with Onsite Medical Management and UHS to reduce/manage on-site injuries and Workers’ Compensation costs; overall Workers Compensation case and program management.
• Oversee the security functions at all US locations including, the NY and Idaho plant locations, Norwich and SoHo offices, Cafes and Sales offices.
• Ensure continued development and focus on the protection and safety of Chobani employees and product quality.
• Continue program development on Security Officer training, improvements on facility security, and enhancement of Emergency Response and Haz Mat programs.
The requirements of this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
• 7-10 years’ progressive field industry experience
• CIH and/or CSP desirable
• Experience with ISO 45001
• Strong project management skills and experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong, proven negotiation and analytical skills
• Proven management of people, processes and programs
• Demonstrated cross-functional experience and ability to influence
• Proven results in the integration of behavioral based safety programs
• Practice in sustainability and a drive toward continuous improvement in this area
• Experience partnering with governmental agencies, internal and external stakeholders and employees to positively impact change
• Deep regulatory knowledge including OSHA, EPA, FDA, DOT and other regulatory standards
• Experience working in the food industry, preferred
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Back to Careers
Powered by Jobvite at http://recruiting.jobvite.com/
Terms & Conditions
CA Transparency in Supply Chains Act