McGraw Hill Education Marketing Director, ALEKS in New York City, New York
McGraw-Hill Education is committed to celebrating and supporting the differences that make us each unique and will not discriminate based on a person's gender, gender identity or expression, nationality, color, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, appearance or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we will also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Req ID: 41796
Date Posted: 10/16/2020 3:55:44 AM
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Marketing
Location: Remote, NY US
Build the Future
When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work? Our ALEKS Marketing team thrives on building meaningful relationships with educators and learners. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes.
McGraw-Hill, the leading provider of digital and print educational materials is looking for a Marketing Director for ALEKS within our Higher Education division. This individual will develop the strategic vision, long-term objectives and tactical plans for the Math, Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering/CS product portfolio and the ALEKS digital learning platform.
What can you expect from the position?
• Lead a team to drive rapid growth and increased profitability for the product portfolio and ALEKS platform. This includes driving marketing campaigns, executing the strategic product vision through an integrated marketing communication (IMC) plan that utilizes symposia, focus groups, conventions, webinars and digital faculty consultants.
• Work closely with sales management to achieve long-term and short-term revenue and profit goals.
• Work collaboratively with the management team to build coherent brand and thought leadership strategy and product definition that positions the company competitively in the marketplace.
• Lead pricing and e-commerce strategy for both product portfolio and the ALEKS digital platform; lead the creation of sales collateral and marketing materials that effectively represent company products to external audiences (instructors, students, administrators at Higher Education institutions).
• Talent leadership: Hire, retain, and develop a highly performing marketing staff which supports the digital transformation across assigned product lines and in Higher Education. Manages marketing departments, representing a staff of approximately 5-10 employees.
• Coordinate with Finance and Portfolio to ensure timely development of product requirements and budget to understand financial parameters and alternative business models to anticipate investment returns.
• Support sales organizations both in the U.S. and with international subsidiaries.
We're looking for someone with:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of five years of Product Marketing experience (in Higher Education is preferred).
• Experience managing multiple product lines and integrating them into coherent programs.
• Experience marketing a digital platform and understanding of a digital development process.
• Experience managing a broad range of marketing activities and team members at various levels.
• Must be an effective collaborator and team player.
• Demonstrated ability to create effective, persuasive marketing pieces.
Why work for us?
At McGraw Hill, you will be empowered to make a real impact on a global scale. Every day your individual efforts contribute to the lives of millions.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.