TD Bank Operations Specialist - Risk and Control, TD Securities in New York City, New York
Operations Specialist - Risk and Control, TD Securities
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Auto req ID:
Global Operations and Business Services is a diverse and dynamic group of individuals, whose varied talents and experiences enable us to provide critical infrastructure services that support and/or control the trading, investment, and corporate banking functions of TD Securities. We are committed to innovation with purpose, execution with excellence, and continually improving the employee value proposition. We foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, and community giving. Our dynamic team is divided into five main functional areas: Capital Markets, Financing Operations, Payment and Correspondent Banking Services, Business Services, and Change Delivery.
The Global Operations team partners with the front office and other groups globally to mitigate risk and deliver world class service to our global client base. They provide operational support and control functions across the trade lifecycle. The team is heavily involved in new product initiatives and process improvements to streamline our support model. They take great pride in ensuring controls are being continuously reviewed and updated while focusing on the customer at every point of contact.
If you are industrious, collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking, while also maintaining a commercial view on the market, joining our team could be an ideal opportunity for you.
• Monitor, escalate and help resolve Cash Breaks, Depo Breaks, FOBO Breaks.
• Daily collaboration with cross functional teams and partners globally to help resolve breaks.
• Ensure all breaks reports are complete, accurate and communicated on a timely basis.
• Help prepare metrics and analytics related to breaks, fails and open items.
• Work to ensure certain regulatory requirements are being met from an Operations perspective by providing Finance with the relevant data.
• Accountable for resolving exceptions, non-standard issues/ transactions and/or escalating to appropriate level where further clarity or interpretation of more complex policies or rules is required.
• Requires knowledge of business unit and operational functions for business area supported and regulatory issues/requirements for jurisdictions supported.
Help the Team deliver effective operational processes as it relates to reconciliations and regulatory control. The role is also accountable, as a team independent from the day to day process, to asses and actively lead continuous improvement efforts intended to increase efficiency and maintaining the standards and controls required in a Global operating environment. The group’s primary responsibilities include reconciliations of a variety of on and off balance sheet accounts spanning multiple business lines in the New York office. The incumbent should have a basic knowledge of the operating environment in their own area, as well as a general understanding of the full trade lifecycle for products and businesses across a Global Wholesale Bank.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
New York City
• One to five (1-5) years' experience within Capital Markets role: Operations /Product Control / Financial Control
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word PowerPoint (emphasis on Excel Skills)
• Strong Communication Skills
• Strong knowledge of reconciliations
• Strong team player, collaborates well with others
• Highly motivated individual willing to learn and take on multiple tasks
• Knowledge of trade lifecycle and Capital Markets business
• Sound knowledge of reconciliation management and development in a capital markets environment
125 Park Avenue Corporate
Job Category - Primary:
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Securities / Wholesale Banking
New York City
TDS Global Operations
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.
- TD Bank Jobs