Citi Account Manager - NAM DCC Client Management - VP in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Institutional Sales
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 19001883
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Account Manager NAM DCC client Management
The Client Management Group for Direct Custody and Clearing (DCC) is responsible for maintaining, building and leveraging client relationships in order to grow revenue and increase share of each client’s wallet. The Client Management Group for DCC covers major global or regional clients and consists of a number of sectors including Broker Dealers, Market Infrastructures and Custodian Banks.
Given the extensive current business of these clients in the DCC, GC and TTS area and continued growth of these clients, we are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic Individual who together with the Client Executives on the DCC team, will be responsible for building and leveraging our client relationships and growing Citi’s share of the client’s wallet.
• On a global basis, support and assist CEs on the DCC team.
• Assist Client Executive's (CE) by retaining existing revenues.
• Maintain regular and open dialogue with client contacts to provide updates on escalated client issues.
• Ensure follow up contact is made post client calls.
• Ensuring client satisfaction with PFSS and TTS products and services utilizing a pro-active client quality approach.
• Act as the liaison between Product, Operations and Relationship Management.
• Managing won deals to ensure rapid revenue realization.
• Assist in maximizing product penetration from existing business.
• Act as the primary relationship contact for clients in the implementation of new business.
• Develop client industry knowledge and be an expert in each client’s business.
• Develop and cultivate client contacts.
• Coordinate and prepare Service Plans and Periodic Service Reviews with clients. Maintain record
• Service issues, inquiries, escalations and resolution.
• Must be aware and manage potential Risk issues arising from the clients’ activities, new business requests and ongoing exception approvals.
• Be the SME, educating and training clients to properly use Citi products.
• Organize calls with Product, Technology and/or Operations partners to identify solutions, roll out technology enhancements and ensure that client requirements are met.
• Help Relationship Managers assemble global client teams, organize, coordinate and update global account planning, communication and information exchange with internal partners.
• Provide onsite guidance to clients for complex securities and cash solutions, as well as handle account opening documentation process.
• Assist the CE in client analysis.
• Support the completion of all Citi AML KYC records for assigned clients through close communication and follow up with Clients and the operations unit responsible for AML KYC.
• Track timely completion, set up related calls with Clients and internal partners BSU,
• Compliance etc. to ensure no expired Citi KYC records are present in our reporting and resolve any outstanding issues.
The account manager role can be a stepping-stone to a Client Executive role for the right individual with solid interpersonal skills, motivation, and the ability to work independently to achieve sales, revenue and client satisfaction goals. The individual will need to demonstrate the ability to interact at senior levels within the clients’ organization and Citi, in order to achieve those goals.
• Five years Banking Transactions Services Experience in Securities and Cash Management
• Four Year degree or Equivalent experience
• Broad understanding of the needs of intermediary clients across GC, DCC, and TTS products is required.
• Strong Interpersonal and Communications abilities: Written and Oral.
• Must be organized, Self-Motivated, Able to Multi-Task, Solid Team player, Resilient, Positive Attitude
• Computer Savvy: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.