Delta Air Lines, Inc. Aircraft Support Mechanic, Cabin- Dept# 206 in NEW YORK, New York
Aircraft Support Mechanic, Cabin- Dept# 206
United States, New York, New York
Ref #: 1421
LinkedIn Tag: #LI-KW1
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
The Aircraft Support Mechanic (ASM) is a critical TechOps role at Delta. In this role, you will serve as part of the crew that helps maintain the proper and safe functioning of Delta’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. ASMs in the Cabin classification work independently or as a team to accomplish tasks, and may assist Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) in technical or non-technical functions related to aircraft interiors (or other areas as needed). ASMs practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
This position is the perfect entry-level mechanic position. You will have many opportunities to work with and learn from experienced AMTs, who are in charge of inspecting, implementing, or overseeing maintenance and alterations of aircraft and aircraft systems. Under their mentorship, you will develop key knowledge and skills that will help prepare you to advance your career at Delta Air Lines.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
· Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
· Conducts inspections to locate damage, defects, or wear that may affect safety, reliability, or customer experience, reporting issues as appropriate.
· Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.
· Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.
· Tests machinery, mechanical equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
· Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
· Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., seat gears, tray tables, wiring/electrical), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
· Troubleshoots equipment or systems operation problems.
· Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).
· Reads and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.
· Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance activities.
· Interprets and uses specifications, drawings, blueprints diagrams, schematics, or flow charts to determine operational methods or sequences and to complete work activities.
· Researches manuals, flight logs, or other technical resources to gather information needed to complete work activities.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Must be authorized to work in the US
· Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
· Must have valid driver's license
· Must pass a background check including a government required fingerprint-based criminal history records check
· Must pass a DOT required pre-employment drug screen and thereafter submit to DOT mandated random drug and alcohol testing
· Must read, write, speak, and understand English
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
· One year of full-time work experience
· Prior military experience
· Formal educational certification or technical training (e.g., A&P school) or apprenticeship
· Prior work experience in the airline industry
· Status as a current Delta employee
· FAA Airframe and Power plant license
· One year of mechanical experience (outside of educational experience)
· One year of aircraft maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
· One year of heavy jet maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
· Prior electronics/avionics experience or FCC license
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta’s online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. Jobs