Penguin Random House LLC Associate Digital Marketing Manager - Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
Random House Children’s Books is looking for an Associate Digital Marketing Manager to join the Digital Marketing team. In this role, you will develop and execute digital and social media campaigns for Brand/Licensed properties such as Dr. Seuss and Magic Tree House, as well as those for major picture books including Grumpy Monkey, The Wonderful Things You Will Be and John Cena’s Elbow Grease. This is an exciting opportunity for a marketer with digital and social media skills to work within the world's largest children’s book publishing company.
This position will report directly to the Senior Content Manager and will work with the larger Marketing team. Collaborating with the Design, Editorial, and Publicity teams across the Children’s Division, you will support marketing strategy by crafting and executing digital campaigns to target parents of young readers, grandparents and educators for our brand and trade titles.
What you will do as the Associate Digital Marketing Manager:
• Ideate, develop, and execute digital marketing plans for titles, series, and franchises, continuously updating plans on a regular basis.
• Work with our developers to create promotional websites, video trailers, sweepstakes and digital programs to support publicity and marketing campaigns for titles and trade programs, as well as our own division’s brand.
• Work with our creative team, videographers, and creative freelancers to coordinate routing of digital assets for video, social, and email content.
• Work closely with your digital counterparts to execute title campaigns across digital touchpoints, including email, social channels, websites, influencer outreach, etc.
• Work cross-functionally within the division to align on marketing campaign strategy, goals, timing, responsibilities and more.
• Organize and develop creative social media editorial calendars for content that will be published across various corporate and title social platforms.
• Utilize project management tools such as Basecamp to organize and coordinate all digital assets.
• Create compelling copy and design directions for creative digital assets.
• Organize, execute, and analyze targeted social media advertising campaigns by submitting assets, copy, and budget, and working directly with outside media agency.
• Collaborate with the publicity team on author social media best practices and event promotion.
• Track, analyze, and report on the success of digital marketing campaigns and programs and how these correlate to awareness and book sales.
• Be in lock-step with your brand/trade and digital counterparts to understand long term and short term goals to translate into effective digital campaigns across retailers and channels.
• Maintain awareness of social media marketing techniques being used by other channels, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques to share with the team.
• Stay abreast of social media and digital trends.
• Manage a budget.
Who you are:
• Passionate about social media and knowledgeable about the features and functionalities of emerging platforms as well as more traditional outlets
• Extremely organized with great attention to detail
• You have the ability to work on multiple projects at once and prioritize according to team goals and needs
• Comfortable taking ownership of your work
• A team player with great communication skills
• You are passionate about user experiences
• You have an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving
• Ability to transition between the creative and analytical sides of marketing
• Strong creative vision for social content creation and ideation that will resonate with our readers and followers, including recognizing good aesthetics and staying abreast of trends
• Minimum of 3 years working with popular social media networks and their advertising platforms where applicable
• Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, best practices, and analytics, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube
• Deep understanding of social media metrics including Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, and social listening
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, project manage and work autonomously
• Familiar with common CMS systems, including but not limited to WordPress
• Basic understanding of SEO and SEM and best practices
• Strong writing skills and ability to adapt to brand’s social tone of voice
• Knowledge of the reading community and passion for books is a plus
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress
• Intermediate knowledge of HTML
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: NEW YORK Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 120162 120162Penguin Random House LLC
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs